Wanted WOODLORE KNIFE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I’ve sold one in the past and am now regretting it having done my Woodlore fundamental course. I’m after a Woodlore knife in very good condition. Contact me if you have one to move on.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Are you looking for a Alan wood, Wilkinson sword, SWC or a Julius Patterson version?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I thought those knives were custom made with handles built for the particular individual?
A friend of mine let me use his a while back and I didnt get along with it simply because the handle was uncomfortable in my hand.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
No when the first Woodlore came out they were made by Wilkinson Sword, the same that did the Dartmoor survival knife which Ray had a hand with, in the first year of production they were made from 01 tool steel then they went to stainless, for a couple of years, He then also got other makers to make the knife using named makers and then dropped WS after a while. I have a Woodlore which was made by Wilkinson Sword in the first year because it is O1 and have put a patina on the blade. Here are some old pictures of it. The sheath is a Lucky Lee multi carry and I think it was the second one he ever did.

IMAG0062.jpg IMAG0065.jpg IMAG0139.jpg IMAG0140.jpg

Reactions: Dm1995

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
No when the first Woodlore came out they were made by Wilkinson Sword, the same that did the Dartmoor survival knife which Ray had a hand with, in the first year of production they were made from 01 tool steel then they went to stainless, for a couple of years, He then also got other makers to make the knife using named makers and then dropped WS after a while. I have a Woodlore which was made by Wilkinson Sword in the first year because it is O1 and have put a patina on the blade. Here are some old pictures of it. The sheath is a Lucky Lee multi carry and I think it was the second one he ever did.

I think you may have it the wrong way round, Alan Wood made the first Woodlore, then RM got WS to make some as AW coudn't make them fast enough, also the first ones made by WS had the Birds eye maple scales, after a while WS changed the steel and the scales, I also think the first WS Knives were numbered ( but not too sure about that)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE