Double hammocks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Has anyone got any experience of them?

I have been looking at hammocks for myself and the hounds. 2 large dogs in a single hammock isn’t a good plan.

Also want to take my wife to Finland wild camping with the pakboat. A hammock set up will give great versatility.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have no experience with double hammocks, my largest hammock a TW UL XL @ 1.8m wide 2.8m long and is pretty comfortable for me. I have slept in there with my daughter but once you get another body in there the weights shift and you find yourself being push or pulled around. I'm bigger and heavier than my 8 year old daughter so don't find it too bad, but ended up with her sleeping on top of me and being suffocated by her hair! also have to be careful getting in/out so you don't catapult someone with lower mass than you out of the hammock!

I can't convince the dog to jump in with me and not sure I'd want to have on there for a night - warm though.

TBH I think I'd just get two hammocks and hang them side by side under the same tarp.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
I have a hennessy safari hammock which is huge! The o ly problem is you have to hang it quite high (around 6.5ft) to get a decent distance in the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Look up the Dutchware Chameleon. The ultimate setup for double hammocks, only one downside, price!

We have one Chameleon, it is excellent. Would get another but cannot afford it at the moment.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I was looking at the Clarke double hammock. I have an old Hennessy and several parachute style hammocks floating around.

With 2 mad Sprinadors you want to know where they are at night. So it’s either bring in a crate or they sleep with me.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I know nothing about hsmmockd, but will it not sag towards the middle, a deep middle depression?

That is why we have two matresses in a single bed frame.
I do not like waking up with my wife against my body.

A thought: would it work to connect ( eyelets and cord) two hammocks side by side?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE