Steam Tent Corner at the BushMoot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Steam-Tent-Co-op---Sign.jpg

Just bought my ticket for the Moot but I won't be in my usual spot near the Naughty Corner this year.

As some of you know I've had a bit of a change of direction lately and a lot of my free time has gone towards setting up the Steam Tent Co-operative. A group interested in Camping and Outdoor Life with an Old School / Steampunk Twist.

The-Steam-Tent-Co-operative---Fire-Rig-and-Utiliy-Tent.jpg

It seems only fitting that I set up my own camp that puts that into practice then. I'm told that Scots Corner, down by Dingly Dell, has become vacant of late so hopefully I can take up the tenancy as there is certainly not enough room in my old corner.

I'm also hoping that some of you might join in the spirit of things down there and we can enjoy an encampment a little less ordinary.

Steam-Tent-Co-op---Night-Camp-RC-I.jpg

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Bang goes the neighbourhood! lol.

We may move a little bit this year, little R has expressed a desire to be under her own tarp on her own! We shall see though...

Maybe we can use our tarps properly at the moot for once!

Reactions: Wayland

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Preparations are under way.

Lantern-Box.jpg

I've been rationalising my lantern collection, replacing old rusty full sized lanterns with small new ones which give out almost as much light but pack much better.

Still got my red "navigation" light, next to the brass one at the back, but it won't be in my normal spot by the Naughty Corner.

Lamp-Filler-Bottle.jpg

I've also put some thought into refilling them with something a bit better than a plastic bottle.

So, one old copper hot water bottle, one brass spirit tap, one drilled hole and five minutes of soldering.

Job done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop and JohnC

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
Just got back from Heysham Viking Festival ( Best Viking show of the year. ) and now thoughts turn to the Moot.

Anyone else joining us in the Retro / Steampunk Corner this year?

The-Steam-Tent-Co-operative---A-Seat-by-the-Fireside_2.jpg
looks great but i dont have any steampunk gear and not sure where my hammock will be yet, but i'd love to come take a look at some point, see what's what :)

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
All will be welcome to visit, that goes without saying when I camp.

We should have some spare chairs or boxes to sit on and there are usually a few tin cups around for your drinks if you want to get into the spirit of the thing.
nice one Wayland! see you there then :)

Reactions: Wayland

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
looks great but i dont have any steampunk gear and not sure where my hammock will be yet, but i'd love to come take a look at some point, see what's what :)

There is usually plenty of room down this end of the site. Depends what you want really, some like to be close to everything while others (like most down this part!) Prefer to be more away from the main area...

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
There is usually plenty of room down this end of the site. Depends what you want really, some like to be close to everything while others (like most down this part!) Prefer to be more away from the main area...
Being my first Moot, i'll probably be close to the main area for now. But i like walking, so will most definitely be visiting as many camps as possible over the 12 days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE