Autumn Navigation Practice in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I recently went off for a wander to take in some of the colours of the season, get some fresh air and practice my Navigation work. I had some fun in this wonderful local woodland seeking out features on the map, using catching features, and practicing pace counts and timings on various terrain.

The problem was I was rather distracted by the trees. Bit of a busman's day out this one :)

A few pictures for you on a misty day.

S5000901.jpg

S5000917.jpg

S5000935.jpg

Hazel, a nice thing

S5000934.jpg

Soup and a brew stop

S5000928.jpg

S5000922.jpg

S5000942.jpg

and inside the cliff

S5000940.jpg

S5000907.jpg

S5000911.jpg

and plenty of mushshrooms about

S5000920.jpg

A grand day out, and a nice change from driving about the county. Also I've been gathering some native leaves for a display as a learning tool for my daughter, so this walk came in handy, and I didn't get lost so something is going right for me at the mo :)

Addo :)

Reactions: Toddy

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers folks, glad you liked the trip.
Its days like this that clear away all the cobwebs, I love this time of year and I try to get out for a bit of a walk most days.
Managed to grab a few rose hips and make some syrup when I got back. Goes down well with my porridge in a morning.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Here's the syrup we made.
Only half full as its been added to the porridge each morning since made.

S5000949.jpg

Just off out for a fungal foray so I'm hoping there's a few more interesting ones to learn about

Dean77

Dec 13, 2015
Derbyshire
I think that is Shining Cliff, but I don't recall ever seeing that lake up there?

Appreciate its been 6 years since anyone's replied to this thread haha :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE