Anyone got plans for the weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm planning on getting out and carving some stuff! Traveling down south over the weekend to visit a few folks so I'll get some carving in during the downtime.

What adventures are you planning?

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Supervising cutting the grass up the lakes, would like to cut some myself, but not got the mobility yet.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I'm busy on Saturday.
But Sunday will be my own.
What I get up to will depend on the weather - I just don't enjoy being out in the heat.
It might just be a walk in the countryside, haven't been geocaching for a while, or maybe string the hammock up somewhere and just while away an afternoon reading a book, could do some wildlife spotting. Or maybe just sit beneath a tree in the shade with a nice view and do a bit of whittling.

Something like that.

Be nice if people posted a picture or two of what they did do.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’m looking to get out in the hammock, but I’m not sure the plan is going to come together yet.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Funny you should say that - I'm helping to administrate the Rotary Club Across Wales Walk - 42 miles in one day. I volunteer with a group of mountain enthusiasts so we're on radio cover and emergency response.

In actuality I'll be out in the field from 2 o'clock Saturday morning till gone 10 at night - its going to be slog but nothing compared to those that are walking it!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Reactions: 7 feet

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Not being in Nature.
Son reminded me that I had promised to make a kitchen knife to a friend in Norway, which I forgot.
Going next Thursday, so my work is set for this weekend!

Reshaped factory made blade, Sterling Silver "broken Ice" bolster, Masur Birch handle, Gun stock oiled.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hope everyone had a great weekend and your planned activities went well!

I ended up at a few different places, lots of slow traffic to get from Wales to England! Bournemouth beach, new forest, sitting around the fire pit with an old friend on his birthday, lovely time...
working in Southampton at the moment and going back tuesday night, might be doing a river swim tomorrow, should be fun, and cold!!!

Reactions: 7 feet and Janne

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I was particularly cunning - knowing that a lot of people wold be indoors watching the football I timed my stroll along the North Downs Way to coincide with the England game so there would be less people about. I was right - all I saw was another lone walker and loads of sheep...
41190415280_ee717fa50e_z.jpg

Since the Downs are made of chalk there were several orchids blooming...
41190414470_eab773f8e0_z.jpg

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
Hmmmm! Looks like you all had fun. I didn’t get my overnighter with my daughter instead the youngest brought home a stomach bug and then I ended up recovering my parents Freelander after it expired in the local town :mad: It adds to the spice of life I suppose and there’s always another weekend. Glad you all had fun :)

Ascobis

Forager
Nov 3, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
My wife and I are leaving this Saturday for five days on an inland island. The island has a steep offshore drop on one side where the fish are waiting for my hooks. I'll try not to think about Romania. I'm excited about using my new entirely non-bushcraft iBobber sonar device. I promise to start some fires with bowdrill and flint & steel to atone for the electronics. (I still owe someone here a fire started with a lens, too.)

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Heading up to the northwest coast of scotland this weekend for a week kayaking/walking. Bit warm for my liking, but hopefully its a bit cooler on the coast and further up.

Looking at my pile of ration packs compared to the cooking pictured above... just not the same at all..

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
To Southampton airport for a very impromptu trip to Biarritz. Not in the slightest bit bushcrafty I’m afraid, but a very welcome break.

To be honest, I’d be happy in my hammock again playing with the new stove, but Madam needs a complete change of scene just at the moment.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
It is baking here and I am just going to cuddle up with the aircon and watch the rest of Dirk Gently with my daughter and a little pile of canned beer I recently harvested.

Mesquite: Nice fork :lol::)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE