Found This Out Beachcombing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If it is stag, then it should be excellent quality!

As there is not do much rust on it, and the nice condition of the antler, it did not spend much time on the beach. A couple of weeks/ a month max?

Here, even s/s rusts. When I was foolish enough to own boats here, I had to have all s/s and aluminium details polished weekly.

You are lucky in UK with your climate!

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
It is possible, that it was for longer times in a dry layer of the sand. Sand in Greece is dry, as you know!

For me this looks like a german boy scout knife and german boy scouts visited Greece for decades.
I guess it is an old Herberts or Puma lost by a German decades ago.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Look at the seam!

I think at the one side it is gone, because this side was deeper in the sand. It was made from natural fibres, and so it is away.

It surely wasn't lost two weeks ago!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Should be engraved there

"From Penelope with Love"

it could be perhaps the sword of Odysseus?

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Well Thanks for all the replies I’ve now taken it as far as I want too at the moment. My tools are on the way here from the UK but I thought I’d have a stab. The guy next door gave me some stuff to clean the rust and a sharpening stone, which I’m not sure is completely flat. So after an hour or so it looks a bit more respectable an I managed to get an edge on enough to cut paper, and my finger! I haven’t stitched the sheath yet but that will be for another day when I can source the twine. Sadly there are no markings on the knife but I don’t think it’s too shabby. I’ll do a proper job when my Waterstones get here.
e49dc09863ebe3c303817211f145f1ea.jpg
2a9b3c76c3baec52854a9d8eb40073ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE