Found This Out Beachcombing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I was out Beachcombing today in Greece and came across this.
4782ec98481539d0100d182981872ece.jpg

I will try to do it justice and post the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I still have my Scout knife somewhere that's almost identical to that. Think it's a (William?) Rodgers "I cut my way" type. Happy memories!

(Is oldtimer claiming it's his? That would be an amazing discovery indeed.)

Reactions: oldtimer

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
We used to call them ‘camping knives’. Some came in an axe/knife combo.

The one dad had, both axe and blade were made in East Germany (DDR). Gave it to me.
Typical eastern bloc quality. Pure crapola. I still have them somewhere in a movers box, one I have not bothered to unpack for 23 years.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Herberts and Puma produced this design too. Last time I have seen one from Puma made in the thirties.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
That is an English knife. Either Nowill or Rodgers. Very common as a Scout knife in my youth (1950s/60s)

You didn't find it on the southern coast of Crete near Ierapetra by any chance?

Nice try. No it was on Kefalonia.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
The handle is defiantly not plastic. I thought stag but I really am not an expert. I can’t see any markings as yet but there may be some when I give it a clean.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
The handle is defiantly not plastic. I thought stag but I really am not an expert. I can’t see any markings as yet but there may be some when I give it a clean.

Can I recommend you look into chelating (black treacle in water) for the clean up. Could do it so just the blade is dipped in the mix.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE