Robin Hood - Origins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Hollywood vomiting up the same old hero mythology, It dose look over the top and mindless so will do well and I can't say I'm not tempted I mean its got explosion's! and slow-mo and and a woman! and ott action an man bonding and evil an good and good wins over evil stuff! and nothing important so take your brain out for a few hours enjoy the silliness then get back to being real:D

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Hollywood is a big part of the entire world's entertainment industry. Strictly entertainment. No more, no less.
Not worth the effort to imagine or ever expect any of them producing anything of a documentary sort.
You want a real documentary? Find an indie outfit and DIY.

Jurassic Park was a scary book and they really fluffed it up like a stack of postcards from a badly planned holiday trip.
Using a biology background, the concept in the book unfolds as a down-right frightening hypothesis.
But they would have needed a vocabulary of 6 and 7-letter words to explain it. So they didn't. Simple. huh?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Hollywood vomiting up the same old hero mythology, It dose look over the top and mindless so will do well and I can't say I'm not tempted I mean its got explosion's! and slow-mo and and a woman! and ott action an man bonding and evil an good and good wins over evil stuff! and nothing important so take your brain out for a few hours enjoy the silliness then get back to being real:D

But how will they make him into an American?
I mean - it is always an American saving us all?
:)

The trailer showed that this movie was made on the same week as the other action movies like Frankenstein, Dracula, Assasins creed, Arthur and The Musketeer or whatever it was called.

Do not misunderstand me, I love a quality action movie.
But they are far apart these PC days.

Reactions: CLEM

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Jurassic park wasnt scary; How can Dinosaurs, our childhood friends, be scary? I laughed my head off. Funniest film I saw in ages.

(I had an unusal childhood...)

Reactions: Janne
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
But how will they make him into an American?
I mean - it is always an American saving us all?
:)

The trailer showed that this movie was made on the same week as the other action movies like Frankenstein, Dracula, Assasins creed, Arthur and The Musketeer or whatever it was called.

Do not misunderstand me, I love a quality action movie.
But they are far apart these PC days.
They will find a way! mind you, you do know are war time PM was an America? what was that film with Christian Slater.....

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I have to confess that most movies and tv series we watch are European.
The North Americans call them Indie or independent movies, but for us that is the norm.

I guess I will watch this one when it appears on Netflix. Or on British Airways.

Far more movies are made in EU than in North America, (Mexico, US and Canada)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
To be fair, films in Hollywood have always been made, to some extent, by committee.

If you look at the hoops and hassle writers and directors had to go through during the studio period and beyond to get a film made, your amazed any interesting got done at all.

The idea of the auteur has always been a bit shaky at the best of times, and when you let directors do what you want, you often end up with expensive deck, or at least self indulgence. The classic book, Final Cut by Steven Back about the making of Heavens Gate, shows what happens when the is not control.

Hollywood makes a lot of films, and a lot of them are dumb. That's for lost of reasons, including studio execs. But people were saying that 90 years ago - some things never change!
Made to a formula then, there has to be this type of character and this type of character and that type of character, and this type of character can only be shown in a positive light, never ever negative blah blah blah. It's boring, predictable, annoyingly so and almost like there is now only one filum with the same practically identical characters. It's dull and unimaginative. That's just my opinion of course.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Mods, please erase this post if offensive!

Have you good people noticed that most modern movies have to have actors that are of various ethnic backgrounds?
A bunch of white people, some black people, maybe some East Asian, the odd one from the Indian sub continent.

Plus, sometimes there are people obviously belonging to the LGBGT group?

I find it hilarious how they try hard to make everybody happy.....
When most people just want a good time watching the movie and do not give a hoot about those PC issues.....

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Mods, please erase this post if offensive!

Have you good people noticed that most modern movies have to have actors that are of various ethnic backgrounds?
A bunch of white people, some black people, maybe some East Asian, the odd one from the Indian sub continent.

Plus, sometimes there are people obviously belonging to the LGBGT group?

I find it hilarious how they try hard to make everybody happy.....
When most people just want a good time watching the movie and do not give a hoot about those PC issues.....
That's the progressive formula, does my Swede in. How about just making a good filum ay?

Reactions: Fadcode

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Tengu: compare the book to the movie. The DNA from reptilian erythrocytes with amphibian DNA infills was never mentioned in the film.
I can't recall if the intersex population shifts were mentioned. The book is plausible if far- fetched. The movie was F/X stupid.

Remember the moment when you saw the ripples of the approaching T Rex foot falls, the ripples in the glass of water?
That's what the sound of a bass electric guitar looks like.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
S'pose that Robin Hood had to share the forest with T. rex and his pals?
Jousting with good old Stegosaurus. Pterodactyls stealing your hats and quivers of arrows.
Triceratops digging up your camp for an egg-laying nest site. No worse than the RH movies so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE