Looking for a light rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
i currently have a 5.11 rush 24 for overnight wild camping, but looking for a lighter bag to replace it on longer journeys. Ideally want the same size. Any recommendations?

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Pricey but IMO Osprey is the way forward for lightweight rucksacks. I've had a couple now and they're well made with good attention to detail. My Exos was lighter than the box it arrived in.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
+1 to Osprey, but take a look at the Lowe Alpine offerings too, as they have come on a lot of late and while they may not be quite as light, they offer similar features and comfort, but appear made of more robust materials.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
5.11 rush 24
umm.. bit of odd one 34L capacity / 1710g

The Inca Extreme (35L / 1.15 kg) at Mountain Warehouse caught my eye. Mesh-air-flow back system and hip belt would make it a real joy hoofing it any distance. However it lacks exterior attachment points & compression straps so perhaps not entirely suitable. Also at MW is the 'High 35' again a bit of tight squeeze at 35L (no weight listed) but is available in green and does have side compression straps so ground mat & tarp could go externally. Plus hip belt that makes it more comfy for longer hauls. It should be lighter than the Rush but how much I cannot say.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
umm.. bit of odd one 34L capacity / 1710g

The Inca Extreme (35L / 1.15 kg) at Mountain Warehouse caught my eye. Mesh-air-flow back system and hip belt would make it a real joy hoofing it any distance. However it lacks exterior attachment points & compression straps so perhaps not entirely suitable. Also at MW is the 'High 35' again a bit of tight squeeze at 35L (no weight listed) but is available in green and does have side compression straps so ground mat & tarp could go externally. Plus hip belt that makes it more comfy for longer hauls. It should be lighter than the Rush but how much I cannot say.
It's Mounatin Warehouse - avoid like the plague.

I note that it was supposedly originally £95 (Which would make it more expensive than an Osprey Talon!), but is now half price. Usual ME nonsense - the price was always supposed to be what they are charging.

Osprey is the best bet, and it's always worth looking on EBay, you might get a good deal, plus there are always sales. And if you want to lighter, it's always worth working out what your putting in the bag as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE