What excites you about spring arriving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Spring sure is taking it's sweet time this year. I heard the cuckoo for the first time today but it barely got over 5°C without the sun to warm things up. It's May next week and it still feels like winter at times.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Being able to walk out the door without preparing and getting dressed like I'm going on an expedition, every time, every day! Not having to shovel snow and chop ice with an axe from frozen water troughs. Next year I'm definitely having heated troughs!
And bumblebees :) Especially bumblebees!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
One word, bluebells.

Postimage dropped my pics in post #4, I put a couple back up.

8_A44696_E-9486-415_C-_B2_C8-_AC09223_A204_B.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Birch Axe

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Rain!
Sounds weird to you guys, but it is really nice when we start getting rain a ciuple of times a week.
Everything starts blooming, new fresh leaves and fresh greenery!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Sunday sunshine:
Fern fiddleheads just about up in my favorite patch.
The grouse boys drumming on logs for the girls.
Ptarmigan molting off their white winter plumage.
Two white tail does jumping around on the logging road and flicking those BIG white tail flags.
Rain to wash off all the mountain rock dust grime (Saturday night).
BBQ pork side ribs with billowing applewood smoke, minding their own business for 3 hours.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Lambs!

1F300F4D-465B-4DBA-85A3-1628119D2334.jpeg

First pair of Black Welsh Mountain twins arrived this afternoon - textbook deliveries and all doing well. :)

Pretty blustery here in mid-Wales at the moment but (at the risk of tempting fate!), this has been a very mild winter - just hope we don’t get any late frosts to catch out the plants and animals that took the balmy February weather as start of spring.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Just read what I posted last May.
All we want now is some respite from the brutal cold of this winter.
I can put up with 4 months of doggie kaka melting all at once.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Catkins. pussy willow buds. primroses. wild garlic. Robins singing their insides out for a mate. Sunshine. Bluebells and picnics by the river and paddling in ice cold water. Ducklings. Lambs in the fields. And once again foraging a plenty. Easter eggs... the list goes on.... and on....phew winter is all but gone and hopefully my arthritis will subside a bit and I can ride my bike again, hang my hammock and enjoy life .

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Catkins. pussy willow buds. primroses. wild garlic. Robins singing their insides out for a mate. Sunshine. Bluebells and picnics by the river and paddling in ice cold water. Ducklings. Lambs in the fields. And once again foraging a plenty. Easter eggs... the list goes on.... and on....phew winter is all but gone and hopefully my arthritis will subside a bit and I can ride my bike again, hang my hammock and enjoy life .

Get on the CBD girl, it seems to be working for my hip pain. Expensive, but worth it compared with taking codeine or Tramadol all the time.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Get on the CBD girl, it seems to be working for my hip pain. Expensive, but worth it compared with taking codeine or Tramadol all the time.
Already on it! Expensive but it lifts my mood and doesn't make me hallucinate like tramadol or bung you up like co codimal. Helps me sleep too. Not as effective but certainly kinder to the mind and body. Doctor disapproves greatly. I told her after 15yrs of pain I'd eat raw mice if it helped(I wouldnt) she just said " eeeew. .. carry on" Ha ha!

Reactions: Nice65

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
More favorite spring moments.. the smell of fresh mown grass with the first cut of the year. Collecting dandelions for wine making, and beech leaves for noyaux. Nests with cheeping chicks inside. Dozy hungry hedgehogs. I'm just a sentimental old fool! But I so love spring time.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Already on it! Expensive but it lifts my mood and doesn't make me hallucinate like tramadol or bung you up like co codimal. Helps me sleep too. Not as effective but certainly kinder to the mind and body. Doctor disapproves greatly. I told her after 15yrs of pain I'd eat raw mice if it helped(I wouldnt) she just said " eeeew. .. carry on" Ha ha!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that some CBD products can result in a positive urine drug test for THC.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Spring is definitely sprung here despite the wind, rain and cold. Bumble bees are out, birds are singing and there are spring flowers everywhere.

Yes, I'm looking forward to bluebells in the wood (it's carpeted in late May), but before then, what I really enjoy, is just sitting on a calm day and listening to the birds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE