Make someone happy.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Brilliant. I'll try that .
And I'll try those little owls as well again , as practice makes perfect.
Cheers

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Love it.
That's how I spend most of my 'bushcraft' time - a walk or hike somewhere, then find a good spot for a brew up and a bit of whittling.

I am going to be making one of those.

Quick question - where did you get the foot/leaf badge? I love that as well. I'm always on the look out for appropriate badges.
Did you get it locally (I'm only down the road from you)?

Reactions: MrEd

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Love it.
That's how I spend most of my 'bushcraft' time - a walk or hike somewhere, then find a good spot for a brew up and a bit of whittling.

I am going to be making one of those.

Quick question - where did you get the foot/leaf badge? I love that as well. I'm always on the look out for appropriate badges.
Did you get it locally (I'm only down the road from you)?
Thanks my friend. The badge is my logo (Greencraft) - I designed it many years ago.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Right, I've just got back from a lovely walk, and whilst sitting there and sipping an earl grey I did this one:

40079055470_d2fd5de16d_o.jpg

I didn't have a pencil or pen with me so to make his eyes stand out I used the blackened ends from some twigs. I gouged out the eye sockets nice and deep and cut the twig ends as a short stub and sharpened the backs and pushed them hard into the socket, and used another stick so I could push them in with a bit more pressure so they stayed in place.

And here he is, sitting beneath his favourite tree beside a stream, where only friendly and curious eyes will find him...

28016469628_5009c7a825_o.jpg

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Right, I've just got back from a lovely walk, and whilst sitting there and sipping an earl grey I did this one:
Mate - that is fantastic!! Thank you so much for not only taking the time to carve this, but also for putting the pictures up too. I hope the finder is suitably impressed too.

40079055470_d2fd5de16d_o.jpg

I didn't have a pencil or pen with me so to make his eyes stand out I used the blackened ends from some twigs. I gouged out the eye sockets nice and deep and cut the twig ends as a short stub and sharpened the backs and pushed them hard into the socket, and used another stick so I could push them in with a bit more pressure so they stayed in place.

And here he is, sitting beneath his favourite tree beside a stream, where only friendly and curious eyes will find him...

28016469628_5009c7a825_o.jpg

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
A massive thank you to Kepis & Wander for taking the time to do this. Would'nt it be great if we could get more people to do this one, selfless thing? It only takes the time it takes to make & drink a brew to do this.... yet have a massive impact on the person who finds it (perhaps leading them on a wonderful, life long interest in the woods too)...come on people, GIVE IT A GO!!! (guaranteed you will feel good about your actions for days after!).
Atb
Neil

Reactions: Kepis

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
A massive thank you to Kepis & Wander for taking the time to do this. Would'nt it be great if we could get more people to do this one, selfless thing? It only takes the time it takes to make & drink a brew to do this.... yet have a massive impact on the person who finds it (perhaps leading them on a wonderful, life long interest in the woods too)...come on people, GIVE IT A GO!!! (guaranteed you will feel good about your actions for days after!).
Atb
Neil

Gimme a bit time mate...
..I'm working up to doing my first one :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I walked by the stream today and he was still there.
He seemed a little lonely on his own so I introduced him to the Forest Bird, and I'm sure the two of them will keep each other company...

41322805674_7bf187209f.jpg

Makes me wonder what they are both looking at?

Will be knocking some of these up over the weekend and littering them :)

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
6E781133-BCC1-4DBD-B427-22DEA8F23E3E.jpeg I dropped this little chap off in a prominent position on a quiet road near our village. It’s a popular dog walking route so hopefully it’ll make someone smile, failing that I’m sure it’ll make a novelty stick for someone’s mutt :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE