Spring has Arrived - in Northen Mid-Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I know we are a couple of weeks behind the Southern Counties but spring is finally here!

Sitting out with coffee this morning I heard our first Cuckoo today; not just the first this year but the first for twenty years in this location. A blackcap was singing his heart out from the top of one of the ash trees sounding like a tuneful demented budgerigar :)

In the wood a wren is nesting in the tree bog screen, a woodcock has laid four eggs under a sprawling broom, and I found badger cub footprints in the clay.

Wood sorrel, lesser celandine and wild strawberry (Potentilla sterilis, barren strawberry unfortunately) are all in flower, and the Larch is in flower and the little shaving-brush leaves/needles have emerged :)

IMG_2068-2-2056-25-Oxalis acetosella.jpg

IMG_2088-2056-25-Potentilla sterilis.jpg

IMG_2074-2056-25-Larix decidua.jpg

IMG_2084-2056-25-Meles meles.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
It's been like summer here today. I heard my first cuckoo and saw the first topless chav of the year. There needs to be a spring points system so you know when it's fully here.

First Daffodil - 1 point
First bumblebee - 2 points
First swallow - 5 points
First Cuckoo - 6 points
First topless chav - 8 points

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent

Hopefully this works. No sound at the moment, need to record some nice garden sounds without the drone of lawnmowers.

Reactions: Toddy

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
It's official. I overheard someone saying it's too hot. That's got to be 20 points. Spring is finally here.:bigok:

That would have been me - in my defence, I’ve been wearing chainsaw trousers all afternoon!

We seem to have gone from mid-winter to mid-summer in a week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE