1st DSLR Photos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Thanks all, was heavy rain down here yesterday so spent the day reading books on wildlife photography, going out today and putting some of it to practice.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Thanks Brancho,
I am finding
Nice work
You do not need to use manual mode for much at all and using it does not make you a better photographer.
Thanks Brancho, I'm finding aperture mode is doing what I need,
Unfortunately the weather's been bad so didn' want to take camera out in the wet, I did find some new places to go though for when the weather is nicer.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks Brancho,
I am finding

Thanks Brancho, I'm finding aperture mode is doing what I need,
Unfortunately the weather's been bad so didn' want to take camera out in the wet, I did find some new places to go though for when the weather is nicer.
More often people use shutter priority and auto ISO for this kind of shot to prevent camera shake

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cbrdave

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Great shots!

I'm afraid I was brought up on manual film cameras (OM-1's) so I tend to set the ISO for the conditions, decide on the 'artistry' of the shot (i.e. how much depth of field I want) then set the shutter speed to get the lighting level (checking it's fast enough for the lens length). So, on most shots I'm using aperture priority. To be honest manual mode isn't any more 'professional' or complicated; just takes a moment longer.

I'm loving the added potential that modern DSLR high ISO levels give with considerably lower noise than only a few years ago.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.

I only keep the ones I like and I don't have or use any type of programme to adjust them, I only ever crop a picture if needed to remove a stray branch or another birds wings. Most of the time I take at least three photos to get maybe one good one if I am lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrEd and Sundowner

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Nice shots. Whats the heron got in its mouth?

If i change the .org from your first post to .cc like these recent ones are, it takes me to the page, if thats any help.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Nice shots. Whats the heron got in its mouth?

If i change the .org from your first post to .cc like these recent ones are, it takes me to the page, if thats any help.
It was a marsh frog, he took three more after that one, he had hassle getting it in though, lol,
Thank for the info, not sure what happened, they where up one day and then today I was told they wouldn't show.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland

I only keep the ones I like and I don't have or use any type of programme to adjust them, I only ever crop a picture if needed to remove a stray branch or another birds wings. Most of the time I take at least three photos to get maybe one good one if I am lucky.

Great pics. Now that I can see them :O_O:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE