What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well, it's not very bushcrafty but I got a great deal on a Makita cordless reciprocating saw, it's usually like £80, it was a warehouse return so there was some knocked off as it said it was scuffed on the body, then I happened across it on the day they had 20% off for Easter so ended up paying £40 for it, i've put in a big saw blade and it cuts very nicely, it might not be as fast cutting as my big bow saw, but it's a lot more fun! It will be good for pruning branches off the trees as well as just general stuff. I'll get a pic up.... Best of all, it was perfect, not a mark on it....

Last edited:
Reactions: santaman2000
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Got this on tue, it was covered in rust and so I could only do basic checks, after a lot of cleaning, its not too bad the face is good but I have to make repairs to the front feet, don't know the make there is just the faintest of marks, an R followed by a canted N with some kind of stamp just above.

Reactions: santaman2000

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Not sure if this counts as it was given to me today by a mate who worked at SERE school. Alex was happy...especially with the couple of bags of Haribo (standard chaplaincy issued I believe).
00c96cd70f2215d90f6c775791296fd1.jpg
fc802ad642a7e7b836708888f3406cb6.jpg
4da39be94271d9c98572818a03640e50.jpg
d0a50a98a9e05329a370d73dc2679ad3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: richy3333

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
First time posting on this thread I think -

Bought a "Hairy Dog Stoves" Stainless Steel "Ammo can stove" which I hope to put to good use at the Moot, but in the mean time I can feel some barbecues approaching!

ATB

Ogri the trog

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Not really bush craft but treated myself to my 1st DSLR camera, Nikon D3400 with 18 - 55mm, 18 - 300mm and 70 - 300 mm lenses, taken it out almost every day and practiced a lot with it in Aperture mode, taken loads of duff pics but got some really nice ones, I'm loving being out and photographing wildlife.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5teep and Leshy

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
I got into using pistols just because there hard to shoot well and I can use them in the garden, the rifle I have no where with range to use it!

I do have a Webley Tempest too, that's a fair point, I should probably have a play with that more often, it just doesn't do it for me the same, better than hee haw though, good shout.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Had a BSA Scorpion as a yoof, I can't even remember what I did with it, probably sold it to a mate, that was a great wee (I mean big) pistol. I'll lock the cat down to avoid boo-boo's and have a wee indoor shoot through the week I think, yee-ha. :tongue:
Yep had one too! there a bit of a monster, only BSA I have now is a 240 magnum, also a bit of a monster but not my favourite to shoot, I do the indoor range thing most mondays, nice an warm lots of tea, and have a shoot off with a mate that brings his co2 pistol, what's not to like!

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Got this on tue, it was covered in rust and so I could only do basic checks, after a lot of cleaning, its not too bad the face is good but I have to make repairs to the front feet, don't know the make there is just the faintest of marks, an R followed by a canted N with some kind of stamp just above.
Apart from the broken edge it looks okay. The hole looks to be a square hardie and a small pritchel behind it. What repairs does it need? I can see a large R left centre but the N is right centre looks to be backwards. Do you know of/use Iforgeiron online forum? Whats its sizes and weight?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yep had one too! there a bit of a monster, only BSA I have now is a 240 magnum, also a bit of a monster but not my favourite to shoot, I do the indoor range thing most mondays, nice an warm lots of tea, and have a shoot off with a mate that brings his co2 pistol, what's not to like!

Recently reacquired a Baikal Makarov, top fun :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE