How many knives for a bushcraft trip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hooray, pics at last. I was looking for the old "This Thread is Worthless...." smilie. I've been meaning to break the ice myself, but ran out of daylight for pictures today.

Reactions: BigMonster

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
As promised, pics of what might or might not be in my bag. I'll always have a one handed opening folder for the simple things like opening a packet or cutting string. The Paramiltary 2 is fave because it's light, capable, and handles food prep well. The Delica is a wonder for this too. The other orange knife is a Molletta designed Lion Steel KUR, it gets less use due to its weight, but is so pleasing to use I cannot part with it. The other Spyderco is the PITS, designed by Pie in the Sky Mike Reid, perfect for no worry carry and also very capable.

IMG_0742.jpg

Middle row from top down.

RobEvs Bushtool and necker. These tend to go out as a pair and are very pleasing to own and use.

Another of Mike Reids, a 3/4 tapered tang beauty handled in Harris Tweed micarta. It's feather light and feels wonderful in the hand. Not a brute for woodwork, but a whizz for food prep.

ESEE 3, old battleaxe of a knife that's not afraid of hard work.

Bark River Necker 2, tidy little/big knife necker.

Next row.

Varusteleka Puuko in size large. Heavy, thick, dependable knife.

Lastly, another Molletta design, the Knife Research Rasul. This is the one that can be beaten through a steel nut without much edge damage. Rehandled from the brown G10 to green and black sculpted. I just like this knife a lot.

So, of those, I take my pick. Usual is two knives, occasionally three.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leshy

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
As promised, pics of what might or might not be in my bag. I'll always have a one handed opening folder for the simple things like opening a packet or cutting string. The Paramiltary 2 is fave because it's light, capable, and handles food prep well. The Delica is a wonder for this too. The other orange knife is a Molletta designed Lion Steel KUR, it gets less use due to its weight, but is so pleasing to use I cannot part with it. The other Spyderco is the PITS, designed by Pie in the Sky Mike Reid, perfect for no worry carry and also very capable.

IMG_0742.jpg

Middle row from top down.

RobEvs Bushtool and necker. These tend to go out as a pair and are very pleasing to own and use.

Another of Mike Reids, a 3/4 tapered tang beauty handled in Harris Tweed micarta. It's feather light and feels wonderful in the hand. Not a brute for woodwork, but a whizz for food prep.

ESEE 3, old battleaxe of a knife that's not afraid of hard work.

Bark River Necker 2, tidy little/big knife necker.

Next row.

Varusteleka Puuko in size large. Heavy, thick, dependable knife.

Lastly, another Molletta design, the Knife Research Rasul. This is the one that can be beaten through a steel nut without much edge damage. Rehandled from the brown G10 to green and black sculpted. I just like this knife a lot.

So, of those, I take my pick. Usual is two knives, occasionally three.
RobEvans knives always stand out.
Beautiful lines , I'll have to indulge one of these days ...
Nice collection

beezer

Forager
Oct 13, 2014
lockerbie
Next time i go out i will take a mora 120 and my smallest axe weighing in at 300g.normaly i would normaly take my dave budd knife which is kind of like the 120 but much longer and a silky zubat.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
One on my belt, a small-bladed one for finer craft projects (either a Ben Orford Campcraft or Pixie) and my SAK. With those, I reckon to have most eventualities covered.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
These are my users. Selection depends on the nature of the trip. I also have a few drawer queens. I did carry a Fallkniven S1 for a few years and I really liked it but used it in part trade for a grail knife. I'd love to get my grubby mitts on another one but the price lately prohibits me.

Yeoman13

Nov 29, 2017
Canada
I carry two knives at a minimum and often three.
A Mora on the belt and a Vic SAK SI are habitual. If I'm carrying a survival kit I have a VIC SAK Hiker or OHT depending on the kit.
Very often I'll also have a crooked knife and a Mora carving knife in my pack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE