Waterproof kilt...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
If you want something traditional there's the Inverness Rain Cape. Popular with pipers then made famous
by the likes of Sherlock Holmes and (for those old enough to remember) Jon Pertwee as Doctor Who. :O_O:
irc.gif
Nylon versions available here, looks very practical for bushcraft or hiking as well as solving crimes & fighting alien invasions.

Reactions: Ascobis

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
Arktis Ltd used to make a good kilt, but I cant find it on their website now (soldiersystems still shows it). And ZPacks makes an 54g Dyneema version.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
i use a ULA rain kilt from time to time. Awsome for the weight/pack size (you could almost lose it in a pocket) and also a very handy do it all type thing for travelling

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You can check best kilt for this option
https://scottishkiltshop.com/modern-kilts-for-men
fire_fighter_kilt.jpg

I'd tend to ignore posts by this guy. He woke a thread 12 years old to post another Viglink. He's just using sites like BCUK to feather his nest. More on Viglink here.

http://bloggingeclipse.com/viglink-review/

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Should I ever need such a thing as a waterproof kilt, I'd ask Twodogs what he could do for me in waxed cotton.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The point about the kilt is the kilting that is to say the pleating that allows a large amount of material to wrap around the waist and afford a lot of free movement without hobbling the wearer as a tight skirt might. If you are going to wear anything that goes down to your knees or below you are going to have to allow for that extra material that will allow you to walk with a natural stride, either a vent or two, or pleating. Think for example a drizabone style riding coat, that has to allow the extra material to work.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Should I ever need such a thing as a waterproof kilt, I'd ask Twodogs what he could do for me in waxed cotton.
Well you could actually buy one of those Pakistani Utilikilt knockoffs and wax that, a bit heavy to carry around just in case it rains though.

Then again maybe go the full 9 yards and wear a made to measure proper Scottish kilt, if it was good enough for the highlanders etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE