Muckboots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
As it happens since I started this thread I have moved too a building site with work.theirs a team of 8 ground workers on their all wearing steel toe’d muck boots.they love em

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: SoldierPalmer

bloffy13

Nov 30, 2012
Albany Western Australia
Hi guys,
Sorry to revisit an old thread.
I am from the Great Southern area of Western Australia. While we don't get the cold, snowy, slushy conditions you tend to get, the area I live in is one of the wetter, colder areas of our State.
I can get the Muckboots, high calves here and was wondering whether it is worth my while looking at them for winter hiking (think wet, soggy trails, gluggy mud and occaisional ankle deep + puddles etc).
I intend to hike up to 15-20kms a day for two to three days with a reasonable sized pack.
Has anyone used their boots in that manner. If so, how did your feet hold up? Any problems with blisters, hot spots, rolled ankles or otherwise.
Also, what is the pong factor like?
I use Keens when it's drier but really am getting over getting to camp with damp feet and hoping they will dry sufficiently before step off the next day.
Lots of questions but I figure you guys will be the gurus when it comes to this.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Bloffy

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I've got neoprene wellies with neoprene only at the top of the leg made by Buckler that I got from the local farmers' coop (I think). They've held up very well and are comfortable, especially since you can fold down the top of the boot in warmer weather.

Reactions: bloffy13

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Hi guys,
Sorry to revisit an old thread.
I am from the Great Southern area of Western Australia. While we don't get the cold, snowy, slushy conditions you tend to get, the area I live in is one of the wetter, colder areas of our State.
I can get the Muckboots, high calves here and was wondering whether it is worth my while looking at them for winter hiking (think wet, soggy trails, gluggy mud and occaisional ankle deep + puddles etc).
I intend to hike up to 15-20kms a day for two to three days with a reasonable sized pack.
Has anyone used their boots in that manner. If so, how did your feet hold up? Any problems with blisters, hot spots, rolled ankles or otherwise.
Also, what is the pong factor like?
I use Keens when it's drier but really am getting over getting to camp with damp feet and hoping they will dry sufficiently before step off the next day.
Lots of questions but I figure you guys will be the gurus when it comes to this.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Bloffy
I've walked through woodland with mine, and don't really have any issues, but I don't do that kind of distance, so YMMV. I also don't wear them in Summer; if I want to go walking, then I'll wear shoes or ankle boots, depending on the terrain (I don't generally have to think about snakes, spiders, scorpions, or anything else that may want to kill me).

Reactions: bloffy13

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I've walked through woodland with mine, and don't really have any issues, but I don't do that kind of distance, so YMMV. I also don't wear them in Summer; if I want to go walking, then I'll wear shoes or ankle boots, depending on the terrain (I don't generally have to think about snakes, spiders, scorpions, or anything else that may want to kill me).
I have tried a few Wellington boots over the years but have always suffered with sore arches due to lack of support and boots being too flexible. The answer has been muck boots muck master boots they offer good support and I no longer have sore arches!

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have tried a few Wellington boots over the years but have always suffered with sore arches due to lack of support and boots being too flexible. The answer has been muck boots muck master boots they offer good support and I no longer have sore arches!
I suffer with my arches as well, however have not noticed any issues with my Muckboots at all.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I have a pair of Muck Chore boots, which I bought at the local Mole Valley Farmers. They have stood up to a full season’s very wet beating and rabbiting without leaking or complaints from my feet. So a thumbs-up from me :)

Reactions: Coldfeet

bloffy13

Nov 30, 2012
Albany Western Australia
Hey guys,
My apologies for not getting back to this sooner. COVID lockdowns, an extreme bout of laziness and a jobs list longer than my arm has kept me offline.
But thank you all for your responses. I think I will speak kindly and bat my eyelashes in the general direction of my wife and fork out the biggies for some of these. I'm also looking at getting a full length oilskin coat which, I hope, will add to my "waterproofness".
Thanks for your patience in me getting back to this. Stay safe and happy bushcrafting.
Cheers
Bloffy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE