Coffee Cups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I don't get this busy busy self-importance where people have to be seen walking round with a huge flagon of coffee because, 'hey, I lead such a crazy and hectic lifestyle I need the coffee to give me the energy to keep going!' And snorting with laughter at their own self-conceit.

Looking aside the fact I don't actually like coffee, just sit down with a ceramic mug, sit back, and enjoy it. Lose yourself in the moment. Stare out the window.
Ditto people who have to eat their lunch on the move.
It's OK to do sod all every now and then.
Get a grip and get some perspective. The sun will still rise and the earth will still turn if you arrive 10 minutes late for that oh-so-important marketing meeting for that new product that no one really needs.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
I don't get this busy busy self-importance where people have to be seen walking round with a huge flagon of coffee because, 'hey, I lead such a crazy and hectic lifestyle I need the coffee to give me the energy to keep going!' And snorting with laughter at their own self-conceit.

Looking aside the fact I don't actually like coffee, just sit down with a ceramic mug, sit back, and enjoy it. Lose yourself in the moment. Stare out the window.

Get a grip and get some perspective. The sun will still rise and the earth will still turn if you arrive 10 minutes late for that oh-so-important marketing meeting for that new product that no one really needs.

Doesn't quite work in my job....Sorry General, I was having a brew, doing sod all, losing myself in the moment.....:lmao:

(I do understand what you're saying though)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well my caffeine addiction certainly has nothing to do with a "busy lifestyle." (I'm retired for years now. As we speak I'm sitting here with a nice ceramic coffee mug and working on my second cup of the morning. I also prefer a nice heavy traditional ceramic mug. That said, the open top cups don't work so well in the car.

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Ditto people who have to eat their lunch on the move.

I managed to use mine today with a minimum of conceited posturing. I took it to the gym along with some fruit and a granola bar so I could sit in the car and enjoy it afterwards before going to do the shopping.

In my old job as a tree surgeon and power line surveyor, a hot coffee ready to drink during the day was very welcome. I don't like to store anything in my Stanley Flask other than boiling water, so an insulated mug, to me anyway, is an excellent invention. It wasn't always possible to sit back and look out of the window. In fact it was much nicer being outside, even in foul weather and being able to grab a slurp now and then.

Your sweeping statement about marketing meetings and new products is a very narrow view on usage, and the shelves in most supermarkets and outdoor shops loaded with insulated cups and flasks are testament to this.

Anyway, time for my Prêt a Manger sandwich now while I hold a brainstorming video conference with my fellow advertising executives. :rolleyes:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
https://www.kambukka.com/en/byron-20-oz?id=26

That's what I've been using for the last few months, well impressed. Tenner in Tesco.

Edited to add that the reason I got it in the first place was the way the lid seals, it's fantastic. I make a drink in a morning, seal the mug, and then throw it in my work bag to drink on my way, zero leaks so far.

Just ordered one of these from the Tesco website...been after a decent leakproof insulated mug for ages and this looks the biz

Tried loads of different ones over the years but haven’t found a decent one yet

Should be good for my hour long drive to work in the morning

Cheers for the heads up

Allan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Just ordered one of these from the Tesco website...been after a decent leakproof insulated mug for ages and this looks the biz

Tried loads of different ones over the years but haven’t found a decent one yet

Should be good for my hour long drive to work in the morning

Cheers for the heads up

Allan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No problem, I should get on to contigo for a commission at this rate. One word of advice, make sure your drink's at slurping temperature before you set off because it's not going to cool down much at all in an hour.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
No problem, I should get on to contigo for a commission at this rate. One word of advice, make sure your drink's at slurping temperature before you set off because it's not going to cool down much at all in an hour.
Haha good point there, don't want to be scalded while driving!

Cheers
Allan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

And also, as my wife discovered today, don't try drinking out of the clip side thinking the drinking hole is an air hole. ;)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I measured 2 of my favorite 3 ceramic mugs that I use in the house. Both 500 ml and guess #3 will be 500 when I find it.

On the road, I have tried a long series of insulated coffee mugs. Guess they all about 500 ml as well.
The first dribble of coffee inside my shirt and out they go at 110kph, over some convenient cliff-side drop-off.
That's been sorted down to 3 which have the simplest of sliding lid stoppers and do not dribble.

I can't drive and manage an Aladdin or a big Thermos bottle so those rarely get a ride except for hunting & fishing days.
BTW, My 1997 Suburban has seat belts for 8 and cup holders for 10.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thays a big problem with most of the mugs i have they don't fit in the car cupholder or are unstable.
That's been improving since they started getting popular though, Most of the tumbler style insulated ones fit most of the older cupholders; and most of the modern cars have adjustable cupholders oe deep well cupholders that are much more stable.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The Norwegian petrol station chain Circle K ( formerly known as Statoil) has a fabulous scheme.
You buy one SS mug at a station, then you can refill it for free at any station from a machine that does different coffees, chockolate and tea during the whole year. Next year you just buy a sticker and a rubber band you place on the mug.

The mug is made my Stelton, and if a fabulous quality. No dripping, insulates well, cleans well.
It is of the type where you press on the lid to open it, and press again to close it.
Easy one hand operation.

They fit well in any car cup holder I have tried them in.

I am not sure if you can buy them in UK, but it is worth checking out!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The Norwegian petrol station chain Circle K ( formerly known as Statoil) has a fabulous scheme.
You buy one SS mug at a station, then you can refill it for free at any station from a machine that does different coffees, chockolate and tea during the whole year. Next year you just buy a sticker and a rubber band you place on the mug.

That's quite a cunning plan by the Norwegians there.
Because encourages people to stop at their stations fill up and buy other stuff... because they get a free hot drink refill.

Reactions: santaman2000

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
If you're in the UK Dunelm Mill have a knock off version of the bamboo and silicone ecocup design for £4.00 http://www.dunelm.com/product/navy-bamboo-travel-mug-1000084738?searchTerm=travel mug the wife has got one of the ecoones with a fancy design - I grabbed one of these a couple of weeks ago and so far it seems pretty good. Has enough capacity for a large and a bit coffee, doesn't effect the taste, and fits in the car holder. result.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
That's quite a cunning plan by the Norwegians there.
Because encourages people to stop at their stations fill up and buy other stuff... because they get a free hot drink refill.
Yes it is. There is another benefit for the customer. When you are finished filling up your vehicle, paid by the pump, you just go insude to the machine and fill up your cup with your preferred beverage, show the mug sticker to the attendant and go back to your vehicle.
No waste of time standing and waiting to pay.

I calculated and you start getting free drinks after 15 cups once you have bought the “year sticker”. For me that is one week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE