Fallkniven F1D cos re handle wip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Spanking finish! Ah the endless filing to get the bolster slot just so, never been a favourite pass time of mine but a slab of brass dose work and look lovely.

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
#drool that’s one beautiful knife! Absolutely stunning what a tool this must be to use. Stunning work mate, wish one was so talented

Last edited:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Great work there Sir

I’ve always thought the handle on my F1 Pro is too thin and narrow for my big mitts

A handle like that would be ideal!

Thanks,
Allan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I understand the inner layer/core is a powder steel. I assume it goes all the way through the tang. Did you feel any difference when working on the tang, narrowing down or peening?

Powdersteels are not supposedly able to harden? (probably wrong there, metallurgy is not one of my strengths)

I have looked on the 3G F-knivar I own in a microscope and I can possibly see a difference on the outermost part of the edge, but not much.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
thanks, it is too small for my hands
I understand the inner layer/core is a powder steel. I assume it goes all the way through the tang. Did you feel any difference when working on the tang, narrowing down or peening?

Powdersteels are not supposedly able to harden? (probably wrong there, metallurgy is not one of my strengths)

I have looked on the 3G F-knivar I own in a microscope and I can possibly see a difference on the outermost part of the edge, but not much.
yes, it goes through the tang. cant say i noticed any difference when grinding or peening. i did worry it may de laminate after heating and beating but had no problems

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE