Laburnum Bushcrafter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
The Brother-in-Law asked for a Mora for Christmas. I ignored that and made this instead... (completed the day before gifting!!)

3mm O1 steel with a scandi grind handled in Laburnum and nickel silver pins. I wanted a bit more depth at the rear of the handle so rather than thin down a wider piece of steel for most of the knife I added a red G10 spacer.

The sheath has been dyed black with vinegaroon and then stitched with red thread to compliment the red spacer.

IMG_7139.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

IMG_7144.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Very nice indeed; a practical work of art again. Another example of the fantastic skills shown by members on this forum that never cease to astound me.

The only problem is that it makes my efforts look positively amateur :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Very nice indeed; a practical work of art again. Another example of the fantastic skills shown by members on this forum that never cease to astound me.

The only problem is that it makes my efforts look positively amateur :)
Thanks, but don't put yourself down. I've been making for a number of years and still have plenty to learn. It's about the journey!

Reactions: Woodcutter2

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Nice upgrade on the original request, a gift that will be treasured for years I'm sure.
The Laburnum colour and grain is fantastic, nice lines to the knife and a quality sheath add up to a very nice package indeed.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I like the shape of this one. It looks like it could make a great bird and trout or food prep knife with a different grind as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE