9" Leuku to 5" Pukko or bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Update:

The handle is shaped. it feels really nice in my hand. I like a thicker handle so that's what I made.

DZdH6sk.jpg

Once dried I did a bit of bulk removal with the good old little Mora.

v97CrzZ.jpg

Just used a drill with a 5mm drill bit. I was wondering how colbolt worked on wood. It eats through it like butter, really cutting clean.

jTHEnCk.jpg

FnBn0f8.jpg

I've got and Enzo Trapper with my tools, as its nice birch I cut more bulk with it. saved a chunk of time rasping.

j8RjhUC.jpg

jQn5Ufb.jpg

FCkryNF.jpg

After rasping and sanding, both with my 1x30 and good old hand sanding its really nice in hand.

Next is gluing. Cant wait to see that birch with linseed oil on it.

Last edited:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I ended up filling the void with good old Araldite making sure I fully filled the hole.

9QcAKDx.jpg

gZ4mc2F.jpg

I clamped the blade in a vise and pulled as hard as I could. Its not coming out!

izQhgpb.jpg

The spalting in the once side really pops.

vX8VUB0.jpg

TAwVi6A.jpg

I'm really happy how it turned out.

I just weighed it as I was thinking its super light. It is. 103g or 3.6oz.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Testing it out, I just uploaded a few little videos

Not fully sharpened yet. but liking it a lot so far.

You can see the handle is big, but fits my had perfectly.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Using the knife and a North Bay spoon knife, while finally watching Stranger Things I knocked out a very simple spoon using some of the birch branch I made my knife handle out of as I thought the spalting might look nice.

CjEMhdm.jpg

Reactions: Janne

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Turns out its pretty good at cutting out spoon bowls too.

l5L6TRq.jpg

Don't know how it will do on green wood. i took little chips out with the tip of some very dry birch, then scraped the bowl with the blade to smooth it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE