Crafty Secret Santa 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nope, not as far as I know as he's not been on the forum for over a week according to his profile.

It's getting to be a bit of a regular thing leaving folks hanging waiting for addresses as this is the third year in a row he's done it.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
well, even if it ends up being a secret new years present I'll be happy.

Maybe not so impressed if it turns into a secret summer :)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Guys

Sorry for "leaving you hanging" as someone pointed out i have been busy in the real world, I am currently dealing with a family crisis that has turned my life upside down.

I'm a little perturbed that something that started as a bit of goodwill to all has turned into people sniping about it being "a regular occurrence" some of us have lives that unfortunately get in the way and that often take priority.

That being said I am sorry for leaving you hanging.

I am going to bow out i think whilst i deal with the family issues, Steve as you seem to be so keen to organise things i'll let you take it from here.

sorry for the inconvenience but please forward all your details on to mesquite and he will do the organising from this point including who will mail to where and who doesnt want who as a secret santa.

Thanks

Dave

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Well, I think you've done a fantastic job of organising this over the past years. I can understand having other pressing issues at hand and I hope everything gets resolved for you and your family. I know I may have made some snarky comments but I can assure you that they were made in jest.

I hope others who seem snippy are not really being so, and everyone can accept the purpose of this thread in the spirit it is intended as a bit of fun and goodwill.

If mesquite is happy to take over, that would be awesome, and I'll tip my hat to him.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Sorry was that a yes Steve? I couldn't quite hear you with your foot in your mouth! Haha! ;) ;) ;)

Only jesting. If it happens it happens, if it don't, it don't.

You have done a great job in the last few years Dave. A lot better than I ever could. Hope Things get resolved for you soon. Good luck mate.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
A shame Dave but as you rightly say family comes first , Secret Santa is meant as a bit of fun. I thank you for your organisation over the last few years I have been involved. As with many charitable activities often a thankless task .............

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Dave, first of all I am truly sorry to hear you've got what sounds to be a serious family crisis that has taken over your life and I wish the all the best for you and your family whilst you rightly put all your attention towards dealing with it.

I'm also sorry if my comment might have caused you offence but what I said was true. I personally know all too well that life does get in the way of things and can take priority but equally people who partake in this get a lot of pleasure out of it and put effort into making their gifts and look forward to receiving them. When participants don't hear anything at all as to whether or not it is going to go ahead it can get frustrating because they want to make sure their present reaches their recipient in time for Christmas.

You have done a great job organising the Secret Santa in the past and thank you for your efforts. Because I brought things to a head causing you to make the decision to bow out as organiser then it would be a poor show for me not to take it on as you have suggested to ensure what has become an annual tradition on the forum continues.

To that end I'll be messaging everyone on the list individually tonight to ask if they wish to continue and if they do so to pass on to me their details and any special requirements they have regarding their gift.

I will be aiming to send out details to everyone Saturday evening as it'll give me something to do whilst Strictly Come Prancing is on so if folks want to message me directly before I do then please do so.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok, I'm just about to send out the messages asking for details. This is the last list that I can see so that's who I'll be sending to.

I've already had a couple of messages from people wanting to take part still which does help :)

1. Crosslandkelly. Over 18. will post anywhere in UK. Gift ready for over 18's.

2. Madriverrob. over 18 ,anywhere in uk.

3. Bishop. Over 18. will post anywhere in UK.

4. Dreadhead. over 18. Will post anywhere in the world

5. Mesquite. Over 18. will post anywhere in UK.

6.Humdrum_Hostage. Over 18. Will post anywhere in the world.

7.Hammock Hamster. Over 18. Post anywhere in UK

8. Mousey. Over 18. Post UK. Gift suitable for any age.

9. Leaky5. Over 18. Post UK. Gift suitable for anyone.

10. Gcckoka. Over 18. Will post to UK , Europe and Asia.

11. Tengu. Over 18. Will post anywhere

12. Whittler Kev over 18 gift suitable for any age Post to UK

13. Fatbob over 18. Post to UK

14. Monkey boy over 18. Will post anywhere

15. Reaverman over 18, Will post anywhere

16. Nalsheen over 18. Will post anywhere in the world.

17. g4ghb over 18. Will post anywhere in UK

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yeah, I always try to look after my family.

I am busy with preparing for a conference workshop this week too. And believe me that is hard work, and stressful.

But heyho, heyho. I wont get anywhere in Academia if I dont put myself out.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok... all the recipient's names have gone out to everyone.

Just remember... you must try to resist temptation to take an early peek :borg2: and make sure you post a pic of your gift on here :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE