What sleeping bags do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Somellier

Jan 17, 2017
Peak District
Buffalo bag - not sure which model, it has zips to put ones arms through. Given to me to test by Buffalo about 30 years ago. Snugpak Softie 9, Rab 700 for when it's perishing and a cheapo from Decathlon for warm summer use

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
I have the DD Jura 2 sleeping bag currently, it's my only bag and was out in -2 a few weeks ago without feeling any chill. It's great for pack size and weight & I love its centre zip.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I have the Carinthia defence 4 which I love and the snugpak jungle bag for summer use. I am looking to get a new style brit army modular med weight bag for taking out with me when my dog is old enough to camp out with me.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
Hi There. The British Issue Medium bag is just a Corinthia Defense 4 made under license by the MOD's contractor. It's exactly the same bag. The Issue lightweight bag is the Corinthia Tropen, again made under license.
I have the Medium Bag (in both medium and large) and also a Snugpak Jungle for the summer. I'd recommend the poly cotton liner to go with the Medium bag. It's a Faff (to use in a hammock), but at least it keeps the bag clean on the inside (so you don't have to wash it as often), and adds to the insulation somewhat.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I have an old Fjällräven mummy sack that is is made from two layers, using both it goes down to -35 or so, using one layer they go down to +5 and -5 or something.
Filled with eiderdown.

cmarkod

Feb 18, 2016
Manchester
I've got an Exped dreamwalker synthetic for my summer bag. A Danish army M90 for my 3 season and I combine the two for my winter kit. The dreamwalker can be opened at the foot end and has arm holes so is great for getting a morning brew on.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Blacks of Greenock Highland bag(2) (circa 1979 and still mint...ish!)- their first synthetic 4 season bag, I believe?
Czech Army surplus blanket style bag (2)
British Army cold weather soldier 95 bag (1)
and 2 goretex bivvies.........

......oh and a "Czech Army Officers?" bedroll/sleeping bag/swag...... weighs a bloody ton(ne), probably radiation proof!?

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have a few and can put your mind to ease:

Carinthia Winter bag with liner
Carinthia defender 4
Carinthia troopen
Mountain equipment xero 300 down bag
Snug Pak Expedition bag think it is the old 15 (when snugpak made good warm sleeping bags)
Snug pak light synthtic sleeping bag unsure of model (not one of their green bags ) has a comfortable cotton feel inner
issue jungle bags x 2
Ayacucho sleeping bag (goes down to about -10C )
rectangular sleeping bag summer weight

Liners:
silk liners x 2
merkalon liner
cotton liners x 3

Outers
Jervens bag (Thermo Hunter)
Carinthia bivi bag
Dutch army single hooped bivi bag
Mountain Range diagonal zip bivi bag
issue bivi bag x2
Two Dogs bed roll
Wynnchester Adventurer canvas bedroll

I am not including emergency or survival sleeping bags or bivi bags.....So I think you are safe :)

Last edited:

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I only own one sleeping bag, and it's a low-end one at that.

It's one of those Kilosoft ones. I think it cost me about £30.

When the weather is warm I use just that, if the weather is cold or wet I put it in a goretex bivvy bag. It's lasted me the best part of ten years, with no problems, and is still going strong.

Reactions: tree beard

shindig

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2013
Scotland
Rab Ascent 700 - for real cold nights
Vaude Cheyenne 500 - my go to bag most of the year
snugpack Jungle bag for summer - used it 3 times this year !
Robins downlite 500 - I keep in the car during winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Linc

Nov 2, 2017
Maine
I love Hyke & Byke sleeping bag.
The fabric is waterproof and has great insulation capabilities that are as a result of microscopic air clusters that are found it down feathers. These microscopic air clusters “loft” trap heat, therefore, rendering the sleeping bag cozy. This sleeping bag will make you feel like you are sleeping in your normal bed at home even though in reality, you will be very far away from home.

This sleeping bag will keep you warm at a temperature range of 20 to 40 degrees. It also weighs around 3 pounds making it portable and suitable for hiking. You surely don’t want to be carrying a heavy sleeping whose weight will exhaust you as you hike in the wilderness.

_You can read full review here: Hyke & Byke Quandary 15 Degrees sleeping bag

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hmmmm

Cheap lightweight Tesco mummy bag [used to upgrade other bags]
2x really old rectangular bags [used when I used to go away sailing]
2x cheap mummy bags which came as part of a camping set [when I went camping with the girlfriend - now wife]
1 heavy warm synthetic Vango [used when I was younger]
Snugpak osprey [used when I was slightly less younger]
Jerven exclusive with both weight liners [current user for hammocking - and bought 2nd hand on here, heavy weight liner bought new]
Down army arctic [given to kids to kick around when it's really cold]
Down Marmot bag [given to kids when it's really cold]

I also have a 3/4 down underquilt
a full length synthetic underquilt [bought 2nd hand from here]
home made full length down underquilt - made from a domestic duvet, so the down is crap, it's massive, bulky, heavy but warm.

I can just about fit the lot [not including the Jerven and underquilts] into a surplus German army side entrance sea sack. Really handy to bung in the back of the car for cub camps as there are always a few who are cold the first night and appreciate an extra layer for the second night - I let them have one cold night as a learning experience so if the go again they'll think about what is needed to be warm.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
A few here too.
My current user, which i really do love is a Fjallraven Polar (-20), very warm and spacious. (i like to move in the bag). Also, a North face cats meow (-15), an Anjungilak Kompac extreme (-15), a snug pac summer bag (+10) and a Mountain Equipment down (another old one who's name i can't remember).
Can never have too many bags and its nice to be warm and cosy. I've lost count of the number of bags i've owned and passed on in my quest for comfort, various military bags, a ray meats golden eagle and a couple of snug pacs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE