Wanted: Lightweight 60-70L pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I'm after a new pack as I need to start shedding load weight, as I'm a small guy and carrying large heavy packs has just become ridiculous.

Ideally looking for something as lightweight as possible around the 60-70L mark.

Looking to trade in leatherwork. With christmas coming up, some custom leatherwork might be handy for gifts etc ;) Pltny of examples of my work on the forum here, or see my site in my sig line below.

Cheers
Hamish

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
What are you considering light weight, I have a large canvas pack made by bilmo. I'm considering getting rid of it as I don't use it that much so can't justify the space it takes. That's the style but it's in a olive green with a pocket on one side to take my folding deluth saw.
02af94241baf04d51dfe10ab649502c5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dreadhead

What are you considering light weight, I have a large canvas pack made by bilmo. I'm considering getting rid of it as I don't use it that much so can't justify the space it takes. That's the style but it's in a olive green with a pocket on one side to take my folding deluth saw.
02af94241baf04d51dfe10ab649502c5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that's going to be a lot heavier than what i am looking for. I also have a canvas pack i made myself, and a leather one i recently finished, so not in the market for that style. I'm more after the ultralight type gear cheers
i

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have a Exped but it's a bit smaller than you want at 55l I think. Not after leatherwork done for me I'm afraid.... It's a blue colour. Packing to move so can't find it just now. I'll search if you're interested.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Vintage Cobmaster backpack - late seventies/ early eighties? She's Fugly but funtional.
Not sure what the capacity is but at a rough guess it's in your ballpark, possibly on the high side of 70+L
Got as a fixer upper and ended up using as is. Rides like a BA bergan but more comfy and weighs about 1400grams [50oz] (got to doublecheck that figure my notes don't say if that's with the internal frame or not)

cobmaster-2017-s.jpg

It's done a lot of miles however...

the waterproof membrane is peeling away badly inside,
internal aluminium frame long gone and replaced with 20mm plastic pipe
was Navy & Sky Blue originally - previous owner gave it spray of green
early example of snap lock buckle on hip belt requires fingers of iron

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE