Help.What is this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moforuss

Aug 22, 2011
luton bedfordshire
Hi.Was searching through some old junk and found these.Any body got any idea what they are used for.Many thanks.
WX6z5

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Looks like a cigar notch cutter - rather than cutting the entire end off, just cuts out a small strip.

Edit: Actually can't be, the end of the cigar goes in further than where the strip would be punched through...

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
putting holes on pearls to make necklaces ?

Pearls are hard, they would be crushed.

I can not imagine any use for it. Must me something we do not do today. And have not done for many, many decades.
Hmm.
Maybe John Fenna knows?

:lmao:

The object that is placed in 'the tool' seems to have a blunt, rounded end. And be fairly soft as the 'punch' is blunt. But is not made for a pin, as the pin would have nowhere to go.

From the size and the surface, I imagine it is for home/household use.

Are there any markings on it? Manufacturer, country of origin?

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I would guess at punching a hole in thin walled tube, the circular openjng would prevent wall collapse and distortion. Trouble with that idea is the two finger scissor handle not being very powerfull. Maybe soft tube like cathators or rubbery surgical tubes

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The containing part looks to be bowl shaped as to accept something rounded. If it were for an even shaped tube, it wouldn't have the bowl. The spike part isn't round ended, it looks like the end is flared to cut. It can't be a cherry pitter because, as pointed out, there is nowhere for the stone to go.

Apart from that, I have no idea at all. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE