Polish Lavvu Hammock Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
That's a very nifty use of that - lovely job. I've not tried one of these out given you need two for a proper shelter.

The only disadvantage would be if it's been raining in the daytime and you've been using your singular poncho! With the two you're still sorted.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
That is very imaginative!

I put my boy in our PL overnight a weekend or so ago. He found it a bit short and he is only 11! Photo with bottom of bag poking out.

I do really like them though. The canvas is great quality. I like that it's dark in there. With a groundsheet it would be a cosy little hobbit hole.

42dd8b8d73411ca2de2deb2fe1cc221d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
I've found that once the laavu is set up I can push the pole off centre so I can sleep across the middle. The sleeping bag still presses against the edge at my feet but not been a problem. An IPK sheet makes a nice groundsheet for my sleeping half with the edges overlapping the bottom of the tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE