Suggestions for cheap, maintainable, road car/small van

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
You can buy abs rings separately. I've changed several, including on my own car, a volvo.

Probably depends on the make, but on some cars yes you can. I've replaced 3 rings on my Ford, they only cost a couple of £s but are a pain to fit.

As for the ABS failing an MOT it'll also probably invalidate your insurance so worth sorting. I understand the annoyance but ABS in general will make the car safer.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You can buy the software for your car and even find pirate versions online. A friend of a work colleague had them for quite a few makes of car. Had them on laptop and smartphone plus cables to link them. Didn't cost him much.

If you're really into fixing cars then why not look into getting them for your car if you think you'll want to keep it for awhile?

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
upto about 3K and estate/van body.

Peugeot Teepee? I had a look at one at the garage while I was getting the MOT done on my car. I normally don't look twice at them because they look like disability vehicles but the one they had there was basically a commercial van converted into a car with tons of overhead storage lockers and glass roof panels. Really van-like and basic with removable rear seats so it can still be used as a full van but just as good as a car otherwise. I've no idea how easy they are to work on but commercial vehicles tend to be designed to go on forever so hopefully that's a good sign. I think they share loads of parts with the Citroen vans too so that should make them cheaper and easier to source. The MOT tester liked it so much he bought it himself in the end and he's really into Landrovers so that has to be a good sign.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE