Photobucket impact and alternatives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Apologies if this has been discussed already.

I have been rightly or wrongly less inclined to post about trips and outing without photos. All down to the sudden repeal of the photobucket service.

I fully understand how cloud computing works being in the trade so please no "there is no cloud just someone else`s computer" .. There are plenty of services out there that make their way with advertising or realistic monthly service charges.

Tiny rant over.

So what now? What are the alternatives or will forums traffic simply slow to a text based halt only? I have seen this happening across many forums since the pbucket bomb.

I believe its around £300 a year? I have access to server space and may just have to re-upload to their and trawl thousands of posts and correct them :(

Anyone any idea if Pbucket are likely to change their stance?

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I have just deleted my PB account, I had nothing there I didn't have saved elsewhere although the main reason I used it was for easy hotlinking. I haven't got round to trying any alternatives but I'll be watching this thread with interest.

I'll also be interested to find out (not that they would release the info) how many users abandon PB.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
There are thousands of options out there for free, and offer a far better service, imugr, Tumblr, instagram, you name it. I'm also on a forum who offer unlimited storage and hotlinking for a fiver a year. That's what makes PBs new direction so perplexing. Maybe it's just a last ditch cash grab before they shut it down due to the realization that they've not had a clue what theyve been doing for years now.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Post Image is getting the popular nod over here in several wood carving forum groups.
No sense in keeping secrets about names and services and prices, we all seem to be able to point the middle finger at PhotoBucket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE