*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Ok peeps my offering is a plce pouch, good nick no rips etc
0628ba374ede29c924f81c9688df018f.jpg
89e4a7bdba829e1f61b1e5cda75cc0f4.jpg

....this I believe

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
I'd like to address an issue in this thread, namely the 'no one has asked for a gift after 2 days'. Im
sure the thread starter didn't intend for any pressure to be put on to the next gifter, but I think people feel under pressure for their gift to be accepted. 'To keep it going'. Hence we see offers, then replacement offers. I propose a rule of offer, then wait until it's taken. The forum is quite slow at the moment and some of the offers are good ones, then get taken away and replaced with other items of higher value and I'm sure there's some subliminal idea of 'need to get my gift taken'.
Just my thoughts after 18 hours of work.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
the thread is what it is. There's no need for a 'rule', once you add that rule you'd have to add others, like gifts need to be of equal value or if you take something you need to have something ready to offer...

good stuff goes quick not so good stuff can hang a bit, that's the nature of the type of thread this is

this threads is now on page 363 seems to me its going along at the same pace as it started. 4 gifts changed hands day 1 - nothing of which I'd have taken but it all found homes...

At the end of the day if you can't handle the pressure don't play

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
+ 1 .... spot on Sir.

I might add that if the OP wanted rules in his thread, he would have put them in at the beginning.

the thread is what it is. There's no need for a 'rule', once you add that rule you'd have to add others, like gifts need to be of equal value or if you take something you need to have something ready to offer...

good stuff goes quick not so good stuff can hang a bit, that's the nature of the type of thread this is

this threads is now on page 363 seems to me its going along at the same pace as it started. 4 gifts changed hands day 1 - nothing of which I'd have taken but it all found homes...

At the end of the day if you can't handle the pressure don't play

Last edited:

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I think the thing about the gio thread is that it's the right gift at the right time...you don't always know what you are going to need, something that I dismiss one day, I might have a use for the next....that's why it's good to leave gifts on here for a while rather than rushing to replace them. With regards to value, all the items have a value to the person that accepts them

I would absolutely say that I have come under pressure at times to add additional items when my initial gift has remained untaken, but you kinda have to shrug it off...we don't need a rule for that, but maybe we all have to more mindful and patient.

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

nicksteele1990

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2016
Cheshire
I think the thing about the gio thread is that it's the right gift at the right time...you don't always know what you are going to need, something that I dismiss one day, I might have a use for the next...

This is so true - I'd passed up the pouch previously, as I didn't have any use for it, but a friend of mine is collecting PLCE pouches for some charity work he's doing in Africa. Each pouch is getting filled with some trauma bandages, a tourniquet and first aid shears and is getting sent off to equip anti-poaching rangers, who're protecting endangered animals on a safari reserve. I'll have a rummage through my stuff tonight and see what I can put up.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
This is so true - I'd passed up the pouch previously, as I didn't have any use for it, but a friend of mine is collecting PLCE pouches for some charity work he's doing in Africa. Each pouch is getting filled with some trauma bandages, a tourniquet and first aid shears and is getting sent off to equip anti-poaching rangers, who're protecting endangered animals on a safari reserve. I'll have a rummage through my stuff tonight and see what I can put up.

Nice one :cool:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
MOLLE bottle pouch (new) with a few bits & pieces for flavour.

IMAG2661.jpgIMAG2658.jpg

Contents:
Stainless steel billy can with cup/lid, 1 Litre Aluminium bottle, Mylar bivvi shelter, Ferro rod, striker, fatwood, Slow match, Sulphur matches, Button compass, Wind-chill thermometer, Whistle, Cylume light stick, keyring flashlight, 10 Puritabs, small multitool, High-vis ribbons, Paracord bracelet and 10ml of 'Stupidly Simple' bug oil repellent.

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
MOLLE bottle pouch (new) with a few bits & pieces for flavour.

View attachment 45410View attachment 45411

Contents:
Stainless steel billy can with cup/lid, 1 Litre Aluminium bottle, Mylar bivvi shelter, Ferro rod, striker, fatwood, Slow match, Sulphur matches, Button compass, Wind-chill thermometer, Whistle, Cylume light stick, keyring flashlight, 10 Puritabs, small multitool, High-vis ribbons, Paracord bracelet and 10ml of 'Stupidly Simple' bug oil repellent.

Hell yeah! Me please!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE