Helsport tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I wonder why they're not that common over here. Hilleberg is everywhere but it seems they're not the only quality tent brand from Scandinavia. Helsport, urberg, fjallraven, halti, etc.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Well made and well thought out kit. I've got a lavvu, large tent and a sort of open frint tarp tent.
i see you're in Lancashire - get yourself to Tamarack and have a look - last time I was there they had up a lavvu and a Valhall tent, and any questions, ask Mike or Tony while you're there. Always good to see in the flesh before you buy.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Was planning a visit there. They've got one model in stock but would take 5-8 days to order others in. We're off with the tent in less than 2 weeks so might not get one in time.

Would you rush buy a good tent or go for a £115 tent that's a similar but cheaper design to use for a handful of trips only? It's a Berghaus peak 3.3 and is a similar design as what we're looking at but cheaper. Buying cheaply for this trip gives us time to buy the good tent for long term use. It's just that I hate the idea of throwing money away. Plus experienced a pole failure on another cheap tent with a good brand name (wild country BTW).

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I have the varager 4 to 6 man . excellent rent.i recommend the lavvu disc to help with set up.
Also i cant recommend tamarack outdoors for thier service and ongoing support

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well got a Helsport tent now. Wow! It's a tiny package. I got a similar type of tent from wild country last year and the tent packed into its bag was almost 3x longer and a bigger diameter. It's slightly narrower at one end and a little shorter but not such that it's packed size difference is explained by it.

I'm impressed so far.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I agree but when you spend over £1k on a non discounted so-called "King of Lavvus" you'd think they throw in the peg marking disc as a gesture of goodwill.

K

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Had a helsport varanger 4-6 for a number of years now and it has performed faultlessly in all conditions. Build quality is excellent and easy to erect alone . Would happily buy again. Purchased from tamarack and their service was first class.

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
I agree but when you spend over £1k on a non discounted so-called "King of Lavvus" you'd think they throw in the peg marking disc as a gesture of goodwill.

K
I'd disagree on that considering its not that hard to peg out correctly. Especially once you get the hang of it. I had a varanger camp 8 - 10 and I used to put it up by myself in about 5 or 10 minutes, including the stove.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I wasnt suggesting they are overly difficult to erect but rather the layout disc as offered by Tamarac should come with the tent. Even if you only use it as an all-important protective foot beneath the central pole!

K

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
I have a helsport Valhalla and love the size and ease of erection. My problem with it would be more down the helsport and there defects policy. But dealing with tamarack is always a pleasure.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE