BushMoot 2017 - July 31st - August 12th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Makes me feel less bad about our room full of outdoodsy gear and stacks of backpacks. We certainly don't have more than 6 or so tarps/bashas. Recently got a Dutch oven for when cooking over the firepit in the garden slash "could be useful at the bushmoot". Hope you all feel appropriately bad for being enablers ;D

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Any idea of dates n times of workshops that will be running, please ?
I'm looking at the castaway survival, but want to get an idea if anythings going to get cramped, schedule wise

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Any idea of dates n times of workshops that will be running, please ?
I'm looking at the castaway survival, but want to get an idea if anythings going to get cramped, schedule wise

It's not always as easy as planning this far ahead Reddave. A lot depends upon who (tutor-wise) turns up when and what the majority want to do - we certainly try to pack as much in as we can and the "Workshops" page of www.Bushmoot.com has a idea of how much that entails. If there is something that you are desperate to do, mention it to the Boss (well, actually Shelly ;)) when you arrive and I'm sure we'll do what we can to keep you busy.

There is of course the idea that no-one gets to do everything which ensures the ticket sales for next year!

ATB

Ogri the trog

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
It's not always as easy as planning this far ahead Reddave. A lot depends upon who (tutor-wise) turns up when and what the majority want to do - we certainly try to pack as much in as we can and the "Workshops" page of www.Bushmoot.com has a idea of how much that entails. If there is something that you are desperate to do, mention it to the Boss (well, actually Shelly ;)) when you arrive and I'm sure we'll do what we can to keep you busy.

There is of course the idea that no-one gets to do everything which ensures the ticket sales for next year!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Fair point about tutors. It has, unfortunately, become second nature to look ahead for potential 'challenges' at work. This sometimes spill into the real world. Sorry.
Don't point me to the workshops, I wanna do 'em all. OK, not kids craft.

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello everybody,
This year I will have to travel via rail with just me n my rucksack etc. Does anybody know the distance approx from Bridgend station to camp and is anyone willing to pick me up if they can big ask but times have never been harder I am due into Bridgend approx 11.00 am.
Many thanks,

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello everybody,
This year I will have to travel via rail with just me n my rucksack etc. Does anybody know the distance approx from Bridgend station to camp and is anyone willing to pick me up if they can big ask but times have never been harder I am due into Bridgend approx 11.00 am 31/07/17:)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Are there Exhibitors with a need for one or more part-time helper on their stall? Might be worth Tengue making some enquires with a view to limiting her expenditure.

Just a thought

K

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Sorry, I thought it had trade stalls rather like any Game Fair but with an area to chill and do bushcrafty things for the Weekend. Clearly I was wrong!
:camping:
K

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
No thats Wilderness Gathering. Bushmoot is more about coming together to meet and share skills and experience. Different vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2017
GWENT
Hello everybody,
This year I will have to travel via rail with just me n my rucksack etc. Does anybody know the distance approx from Bridgend station to camp and is anyone willing to pick me up if they can big ask but times have never been harder I am due into Bridgend approx 11.00 am 31/07/17:)

there seems to be a bus from Bridgend most ot the way. I haven't committed yet. Just perusing the forum before deciding

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE