Karrimor SF Stealth jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Juha

May 27, 2017
Northern Finland
Hi,

Does anybody have any experiences with this jacket?
I have a possibility to purchase brand new and I was just wondering are these jackets any good?

Juha

May 27, 2017
Northern Finland
Good thread, I think that Trojan is quite close to Stealth.
It was interesting to know that you could attach fleece jacket to parka. For me it would good feature because I'm going to use this jacket on autumn/winter.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
No probs mate :)

Yes by the looks of them they're very similar jackets, the stealth has button bellow pockets and pit zips, which i wish mine had, get a tad warm in it :(

I have a few fleeces, but none of them zipped in to mine, then i bought a helikon patriot fleece and issue softie jacket from a lad on here, they both zipped in, bonus ;)

The Karrimor SF branded gear is quality kit, i don't think you'll regret buying any of it :)

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

I've just had a look at the SF Stealth jacket and it appears to be made out of the same fabric as the Trojan.

I was issued with a full set of the Trojan and used it operationally many, many times.

It was probably one of the most abused pieces of kit that I have ever owned - used way beyond what it was probably designed for including prolonged immersion in ditch-water etc and it always kept me dry..

The construction was excellent and it was only the continuous abuse that the jacket suffered which eventually forced me to retire it. I've still got the trousers (patched up to high heavens) as a back-up set. If the Stealth is of the same quality it should be good.

My only reservation about buying one now is that I prefer the dark olive (as per Fjallraven gear) to the light olive of Kmoor SF but if that isn't an issue go for it but remember that it is synthetic so take care re open heat sources. :)

Juha

May 27, 2017
Northern Finland
That company also had Trojan, Warrior and waterproof duty trousers. I opted duty trousers, main reason was size, there was no small sizes left.
Of course you have to be always careful with fire when you are wearing synthetics. Learned it as a scout when almost burned my jacket.

I'm glad to hear that you have good experiences with that jacket, it makes my decision much easier. Many thanks!

Last edited:

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye Up,

I've just had a look at the SF Stealth jacket and it appears to be made out of the same fabric as the Trojan.

I was issued with a full set of the Trojan and used it operationally many, many times.

It was probably one of the most abused pieces of kit that I have ever owned - used way beyond what it was probably designed for including prolonged immersion in ditch-water etc and it always kept me dry..

The construction was excellent and it was only the continuous abuse that the jacket suffered which eventually forced me to retire it. I've still got the trousers (patched up to high heavens) as a back-up set. If the Stealth is of the same quality it should be good.

My only reservation about buying one now is that I prefer the dark olive (as per Fjallraven gear) to the light olive of Kmoor SF but if that isn't an issue go for it but remember that it is synthetic so take care re open heat sources. :)

There you go, another very satisfied owner of the Karrimor SF jackets ;) Cheers Jaeger.

I don't think i'll be putting mine through that much abuse, but good it know they can take it :D

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
That company also had Trojan, Warrior and waterproof duty trousers. I opted duty trousers, main reason was size, there was no small sizes left.
Of course you have to be always careful with fire when you are wearing synthetics. Learned it as a scout when almost burned my jacket.

I'm glad to hear that you have good experiences with that jacket, it makes my decision much easier. Many thanks!

I've been on the look out for ages, for a pair of SF Trojan over trousers to compliment my jacket. But they don't seem to be many pairs about, ie on ebay and the like.

I may have to bite the bullet, and buy a new pair from a shop.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
@Jaeger, Would you say the Tactel® outer on the Karrimor SF jackets is similar to fabric to Ventile. Only asking as i've never owned a Ventile jacket.

I'd class the SF olive colour as a mid olive? same colour as the SF packs.

Juha

May 27, 2017
Northern Finland
All Karrimor Sf products are new on that site, not used. They have purchased them from PRI. Pity that there are only few colours/sizes

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
All Karrimor Sf products are new on that site, not used. They have purchased them from PRI. Pity that there are only few colours/sizes

Yep, just had a look, none of the over trousers in my size.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up BigG_73,

The reason that there are few if any Trojan trousers around surplus is because we caned 'em! :)

Re Tactel-v-ventile - I have/had numerous Ventile and Etaproof (Swiss) garments and used them in extremis and so well able to comment. They might be similar to a point in some respects but if you subjected both to a bank of identical tests taking things to the extreme, IMHO the Ventile would probably come out on top re ultimate durability but the Tactel (and other synthetics) I have always found better when things get wet-and-cold-and-freezing!

Re the 'olive' colour - have you read the blog that I did - 'what colour is your olive clothing?'

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/entry.php?b=65

The Trojan/SF olive is useful during the green season but a bit too light (for me) during the brown hence my desire for dark olive a la FJ.

Juha

May 27, 2017
Northern Finland
Aye Up BigG_73,

The reason that there are few if any Trojan trousers around surplus is because we caned 'em! :)

Re Tactel-v-ventile - I have/had numerous Ventile and Etaproof (Swiss) garments and used them in extremis and so well able to comment. They might be similar to a point in some respects but if you subjected both to a bank of identical tests taking things to the extreme, IMHO the Ventile would probably come out on top re ultimate durability but the Tactel (and other synthetics) I have always found better when things get wet-and-cold-and-freezing!

Re the 'olive' colour - have you read the blog that I did - 'what colour is your olive clothing?'

The Trojan/SF olive is useful during the green season but a bit too light (for me) during the brown hence my desire for dark olive a la FJ.

Really good and informative blog entry!

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye Up BigG_73,

Aye, cheers mate. Thanks for info regarding the differences in the fabrics, i'm not to clued up on the differences in the high performance fabrics :rolleyes:

I'll check the olive colour thread out, the mind boggles with all the different tones of olive :D

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Well, today I did get that jacket. Have to say that I'm more than pleased. Just have to wait autumn and winter.

Nice one mate :)

Hope it serves you well, and get some good use out of it. Which colour did you go for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE