Chest pack help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
Always nice to make your own. I went for the HillPeople one and found it good value for the price. Have it in use since 6 months. The carrying system with the mesh in the back is perfect. And clicking it to the shoulder straps of the backpack during longer walks makes it a good counterweight.
Think you dont need another review of these chest packs. But the system works great for me.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I have been wrestling with this one for years. I am a sucker for baggage, especially for small pouches to provide a place for everything and everything in its place. That's why I find this an interesting thread.

For some time, I used a 7 litre Macpac bumbag which I modified as a chest carry for small, ready-to-hand items and to fulfil the functions of a response pack. However, I found that it got in the way when trying to get through small gaps in undergrowth or rocks. More important, it restricted my view of my feet and where I needed to put to put them when descending steep mountain paths. I have now retired it.

A chest pack seemed like a good idea at first to avoid taking off a heavy pack to get at, say, sunglasses but I found a chest pack was not the answer for me. I have since reverted to my older practice of attaching a pouch and a water bottle holster (don't like bladders for a variety of reasons) on either side of pack straps or waist belt. Following the example of my younger son, I keep a small foldable day sack containing waterproofs and emergency items in the top of my main pack. This goes with me on side trips together with the water bottle and small pouch. I notice that Joe O'Leary also advocates this practice.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
http://baribalpoland.pl/en/

cheap too, I've bought a few things of them and their service s excellent

their large kidney pack comes with a chest rig option for a few more quid

another option would be to get a tactical tailor mini molle MAV and a few pouches

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I have been wrestling with this one for years. I am a sucker for baggage, especially for small pouches to provide a place for everything and everything in its place. That's why I find this an interesting thread.

For some time, I used a 7 litre Macpac bumbag which I modified as a chest carry for small, ready-to-hand items and to fulfil the functions of a response pack. However, I found that it got in the way when trying to get through small gaps in undergrowth or rocks. More important, it restricted my view of my feet and where I needed to put to put them when descending steep mountain paths. I have now retired it.

A chest pack seemed like a good idea at first to avoid taking off a heavy pack to get at, say, sunglasses but I found a chest pack was not the answer for me. I have since reverted to my older practice of attaching a pouch and a water bottle holster (don't like bladders for a variety of reasons) on either side of pack straps or waist belt. Following the example of my younger son, I keep a small foldable day sack containing waterproofs and emergency items in the top of my main pack. This goes with me on side trips together with the water bottle and small pouch. I notice that Joe O'Leary also advocates this practice.

thats a good point "More important, it restricted my view of my feet and where I needed to put to put them when descending steep mountain paths. I have now retired it".

best just use a waist belt and a couple of pouches

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE