I'm chuffed!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi I feel quite chuffed even proud(hopefully without being bigheaded).
I've written a wilderness skills article for a wellknown UK survival website which has been published.
I won't say who/where it is as I'm not into the whole showing off thing, but they like it, and want more which is cool.
I'm chuffed! :)

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Great stuff, though im confused 😕.... It's not showing off to share a published piece, no more so than publishing it is in the first place.

I would like to read it, but I respect if you still chose to keep the location secret... But that surely defeats the point of publication...

Its a quandary. Lol

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Just wait untill next week! ;)
I am suffering with an ongoing bad back and giving up my Gardening business so it's not all good news, I'm hoping I can continue teaching bushcraft, but realising how limiting a bad back is for example large ammo boxes to store flint knapping kit and bow drill bits, which I've done for years...suddenly seems a bad idea!
and a bowdrill demo is likely to get much harder!
on the pluss side,
I'm partway through the process of writing a few books, they are bushcraft related, I'll possibly start a blog too (all at the same time...not a good idea), already had serious interest from a well known book company, and my first book just needs editing really.
I've illustrated a childrens book for a friend, i've already had some money for my work, but I'm hoping the writing and drawing will start to pay off.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Writing is good. Just make certain that you get paid.
I did a lot of science and technology writing for print and radio.
Seeing or hearing my registered trade mark name never put bread on the table.
Be a greedy capitalist pig and take your own pictures too. Own all of it, every time.

I hope that you can research one article then twist it enough to sell it a second time.
That's the honey on the crumpet. Knuckle down and do it.

All the same, I'm very sorry that your back may be a career ending injury.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Ah yes, I already figured out the selling things twice, The bit I did for the website is totally unique wording and has unique photos, Part of my book will include the same subject but totally different wording and photos! it's quite handy actually the web people actually requested origional stuff which reminded me to keep it different.

I'm hoping it isn't carrer ending back problem, but I'm going to have to be extra careful. as I said somewhere else my big metal ammo boxes and heavy army issue kit isn't looking too clever right now!

as for books I keep coming up with ideas, there are many on the back burner!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Some times, it was like pulling teeth out of a chicken. Eventually, the editors got around to saying that what they were after was just
the "rights to first publication." You retain all other copy rights to do with (aka sell for $$) as you please.
Tinker with it and flog it again.

Do you yet know specifically what the back trouble really is? Mine was weak lower back muscles, caused primarily by bad posture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE