Relum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The only Relum tent that I have owned is this Paradiso which I bought 2H for the canvas, but which was too good to chop up so we used it for a while. It was a well made tent.

DSCN2113.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Unless I'm very much mistaken, I remember rugby and soccer kit made by Relum, back in the day when that stuff was really heavy and strong and almost unwearable when wet :)

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
Cool tent Bilmo:) Your right, best to get some use from it at least before giving it the chop.

Well my new old stock one from the pics above arrived. I haven't put it up yet but its clearly well made, actually it's a bit of a tank. This one is an early one badged 'made in Czechoslovakia' so well old and most likely Terka cotton?, I believe the Terka canvas is said to be of great quality.

Some nice features like the thick stitched leather reinforcing for the eyelets, huge sturdy zips backed onto thick webbing which all have a small clear plastic fold over. The stitching which is super neat everywhere seems far better than my f10's.
The cotton inner is fab and the groundsheet is uber rubbery;) All guying points are sturdy with heavy webbing reinforcing. Overall I'd put this on par quality wise with the Medina Conquest Commando I have so I'm delighted with it and can see it being in use for many years.

The poles are my only (minor) concern in so far as they are uprights rather than A frame which I prefer. At this stage i have enough f10 pole sets that I will probably be able to rectify that though.

I'll erect it saturday and take a few photos. From reading up I don't believe this vintage canvas was dwr treated so I will weather it a couple times and see how it goes.

Last edited:

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
Macaroon, never knew they made footy kit also. Although that isin't too weird as I do know other tent manufacturers like Bukta did likewise. Good to hear the quality was there too:)

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland

Sure is Tengu. Took the opportunity to 'fine tune' the pitching.
Replaced the three upright poles with robens tarp poles, way sturdier and infinitely adjustable. Added a ridge pole from inner to other bell end, now no sag when wet and used my tatonka poles for the extension.
Speaking of wet decided not to fabsil, just wet it. Being that its new old stock i read that 'weathering' it is a viable option, we shall see.

Off topic but i put up this today...

Only ever pitched once so as new. Treated it to some nikwax tent and gear solarproof. Wonderful design.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE