Swap: Dutch army hooped bivi large

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
I have now purchased and used an xl sized Dutch army hooped bivi so my little used large sized one is available, it is in incredible condition that I'd assume was used a handful of times on issue, I've used it once but at 6'5" and circa 17st I needed the xl, not that I couldn't fit, I could use it comfortably but wanted room to stuff my ruck to the foot end to help with the tunnel effect.
All the zips and pop snaps are like new, the mozzie net is unplucked which is a good sign of little use, in surplus terms it is a definite "super grade".
Comes with the carinthia supplied alloy pole/hoop (apparently an improvement over the fibreglass ones which can shatter), seven tent pegs and a stuff sack.
Hopefully the pictures do it justice, they are a rare find in this condition.

I'd value it around £90-100 given the condition, so.
I'm looking to swap for; any of or a combination of the following:
A decent big two (given my length!) or three man tent as I wish to encourage my missus to camp!
A crusader cookset or similar in plce pouch or similar.
A sheath for my laplander saw.
A billy can, zebra 12 or 14.
+/- cash either way. Postage to be considered.
Thanks, hopefully not broken any forum rules.
Scott.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
No worries. How wide and high is the hoop when properly formed. I may be interested in buying it from you.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
No worries. How wide and high is the hoop when properly formed. I may be interested in buying it from you.

Around 90cm wide and 45cm high, it's a decent space for sleeping and some kit around your head end.
When pegged out it forms a nice taut shape, and on the occasions I've used them I've had no condensation, two nights ago I slept with the zip all the way shut and cocooned in bivi! The only condensation was under my basha, absolutely zero inside the bivi.
I love them....

shovel reccy

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
cambridge
hi there have you considered a carp bivi. i have a chub euro bivi that can take two bed chairs in it its only been used once. atb paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE