Fallkniven A1 refurbishment needed. Can anyone help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I have a Fallkniven A1 with a couple of (very) small dings in the blade and some scratches, I lent (stupidly and for the last time) my A1 to a friend who was going camping and while hacking at some vegetation has hit a stone (twice) and damaged the blade, he has tried to fix the problem with a sharpening stone (which worked to some degree) but there are now lots of scratches on the blade. Is there anyone out there that can remove the small dings, get rid of the scratches, sharpen and hopefully bring the blade back to new condition as cheap as possible?

33394716942_bc159bd6c1_z.jpg
[/URL]20170320_140013 by pauljm116, on Flickr[/IMG]

33551561755_5f92e5c9aa_z.jpg
[/URL]20170320_135958 by pauljm116, on Flickr[/IMG]

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
owww
I feel your pain.
After experience, I really dont like to lent my tools....
Fallkniven also has a great service for less then 10 quit

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
That must've been some serious abuse...my F1 Pro has taken some serious stick and still looks good as new.

The cobalt steel is a bugger to sharpen though!

Hope you get it sorted mate

All the best,
Allan

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I'm sure I can help you out, I'm just down the A2 the other side of Sittingbourne if you are interested.

ATB
Toby
Toby are you back in the UK then???

And are you still making knives?
Have you got a website?

All 3 questions off topic , sorry !

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
owww
I feel your pain.
After experience, I really dont like to lent my tools....
Fallkniven also has a great service for less then 10 quit

Thanks for that, didn't know Fallkniven had that service. Emailed them yesterday and will be sending it to them.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I'm sure I can help you out, I'm just down the A2 the other side of Sittingbourne if you are interested.

ATB
Toby

Thanks for the offer Toby, I had already contacted Fallkniven before your reply but I will definitely remember you for any future mishaps, sharpening needs or customs, its nice to know there is someone local with some skills.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Forgot to update this thread. The knife went back to Fallkniven and was returned to me within a week, I had to check for a scuff on the handle to see it was my knife and not a brand new blade! Excellent service from Fallkniven and only cost £7ish, postage there and back was not cheap though. Also had to argue with staff in the post office about the legality of sending knives through the post, I'd done my research beforehand so knew I was right.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Forgot to update this thread. The knife went back to Fallkniven and was returned to me within a week, I had to check for a scuff on the handle to see it was my knife and not a brand new blade! Excellent service from Fallkniven and only cost £7ish, postage there and back was not cheap though. Also had to argue with staff in the post office about the legality of sending knives through the post, I'd done my research beforehand so knew I was right.

Great news and good to know, :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE