Another bag, finally happy so will probably be the last for a while

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
It is a flap top with ITW G Clips for closure, all other fittings are ITW.

As per my recent bags it has one side mesh pocket, some MOLLE/PALS on the other side, a small zip pocket on the front, a large full length pocket on the rear and slip pocket for laptop inside.

There are also four 25mm rectangle D rings on the bottom. D ring on one strap and HK clip on the other.

The loop patch on the front is open one end and will double as an I.C.E / Medical alert pocket (once I find some suitable tabs).

This is the one I have been working towards, it is just the right size for me and I am really happy with it. Just need to tidy up some loose threads and cut the webbing to length.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Proper smart stuff, I plan to make my own bag once i improve my leatherworking and needle skills

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Thanks for all the comments.

That looks really good!
The only possible improvement is for you to make one in canvas, leather and brass :)

Maybe one day John, but I have not yet found the right canvas to try it on. I do have a half finished shoulder bag made up from an old light weight canvas jacket and a brown leather one.
Must get round to finishing it sometime.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for all the comments.

Maybe one day John, but I have not yet found the right canvas to try it on. I do have a half finished shoulder bag made up from an old light weight canvas jacket and a brown leather one.
Must get round to finishing it sometime.

Your instincts are right!:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice looking pack.

There is some real satisfaction in making your own kit and using it, you just keep tweeking bits and making improvements and next thing you know your on MK8.

Rich

Sooooooo true :)
But there is much fun and much satisfaction in getting it ...almost...right so many times.
A true enthusiast of the design pad and sewing table will NEVER be satisfied with the project last completed - the next one will be "The One" :)

No matter how good the last one was :)
Enjoy :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE