2 nights camping in cold and mud

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lacijag1

Forager
we went for an other wild camping trip to wales, same place actually where we were last year.

the weather changed a lot and very quickly. from the morning cold to the afternoon mild to the freezing night we had more like an autumn type of weather than a winter one. but the nights were still below -
and the biggest challenge was the mud! it actually made us to move camp after the first day. ground sleeping was very difficult. mud went everywhere and it was hard to keep our stuff clean and not get mud all over our sleeping kit.
i was wishing for a colder weather! but daytime temperature was around 3-4 C degrees.
after we moved camp we did find a better spot. and the camping was lot more enjoyable. it was a good lesson about how to choose a good spot.
second day as we didn't have to battle the mud:) we had some time for more bushcrafty things as well. practiced some fire making.
all in all it was a great weekend i enjoyed it a lot. i also made a video about it, if any of u want to watch it.

[video=youtube;g_NLesnHwbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_NLesnHwbE[/video]

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Me too. Nice to see your camp and the countryside. Lots of good stone for the fire and hot foods.
I have not seen Spam cooked over an open fire for more than 50 years. Don't think that I can eat it anymore.

breff

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2016
Lancaster
A cafe on the Promenade in Morecambe does a "Grilled Spam with cheese and onions" sandwich. I hated spam as a kid but, don't know why, I tried one last summer and loved it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE