Redback slip on boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I got the Yard boot and use them for general purpose . I got them in the UK for Hobsons they had a sale on.
At the knife show in Bristol i was cheating with man i made a belt for about RM boots he said that a pair of custom made one from Auss are about the same price, maybe next time.
Topknot

Thanks, all useful to know.

Graham

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Very much like Blundstones (as mentioned above). Only warning is that, because they don't have laces, they will wreck your feet if don't get a pair that fits. I had to sell on a pair of Blunnies because one of my feet is slightly longer than the other. If I got a shoe that fit the longer foot, the other foot slops around. If I get one to fit the smaller foot, it crushes the toes on the longer foot.

It was a real shame because I love the style, just coudn't wear them.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Very much like Blundstones (as mentioned above). Only warning is that, because they don't have laces, they will wreck your feet if don't get a pair that fits. I had to sell on a pair of Blunnies because one of my feet is slightly longer than the other. If I got a shoe that fit the longer foot, the other foot slops around. If I get one to fit the smaller foot, it crushes the toes on the longer foot.

It was a real shame because I love the style, just coudn't wear them.

This was one of my worries about needing to buy mail order, as I have one foot a bit bigger than the other, but so far they seem OK. Mind you I haven't really tried them out much yet.

Graham

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
I practically live in slip-on Red Backs since first trying a pair on in Oz. Black slip-on are what I wear with nice clothes and brown lace-ups for dirtier work. They are the first pair of boots I got that didn't cost me a few blisters to break in. Snug from the start and more like a soft trainer than a boot in feel but still rugged.

I find the lace-ups a bit more comfortable than the slip-ons and wouldn't use the slip-ons to climb rocky ground for example as they move around a touch on my feet. They'd still do the job but lace-ups are always going to have a bit more adjustment by nature.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I practically live in slip-on Red Backs since first trying a pair on in Oz. Black slip-on are what I wear with nice clothes and brown lace-ups for dirtier work. They are the first pair of boots I got that didn't cost me a few blisters to break in. Snug from the start and more like a soft trainer than a boot in feel but still rugged.

I find the lace-ups a bit more comfortable than the slip-ons and wouldn't use the slip-ons to climb rocky ground for example as they move around a touch on my feet. They'd still do the job but lace-ups are always going to have a bit more adjustment by nature.

I've worn mine every day for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed. They are very comfortable and, as you suggest, unlike most shoes/boots I have bought didn't need breaking in.

They don't give that secure feel of lace ups over very rough or steep ground, but they are ideal for slipping on and off when you need to switch to welingtons a few times a day, or for woodland walks, upland footpath type walks.

Graham

surfspik

Apr 27, 2013
Fife
I've worn mine every day for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed. They are very comfortable and, as you suggest, unlike most shoes/boots I have bought didn't need breaking in.

They don't give that secure feel of lace ups over very rough or steep ground, but they are ideal for slipping on and off when you need to switch to welingtons a few times a day, or for woodland walks, upland footpath type walks.

Graham

I am definitley interested now, its actually hard to find a bad review of redback boots online, typical links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUdXbTTmtI

https://s3.amazonaws.com/usafootwear/Redback+work+boots+Reviews.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-muvW-UCwP0

unlike other boots, nobody seems to have a abd word to say about redbacks, so tempted:)

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I have had a pair for about 2 years and I'm in them whenever I'm not wearing Wellies or work boots. To me the leather seemed a touch thin but they are extremely well made. Mine have a bit of character now but they have worn very little in the places that usually prompt me to write off boots, and I'm harsh on any kind of footwear.

They are generous fitting, I'm a narrowish size 10 and find the size 9 in the Redbacks fit perfect. Half sizes are said to only increase the width of the boot, so a 9.5 is a wide 9. I will buy another pair when I do finally kill these ones.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I've got a pair of Grubs dealer boots that I can't kill. I wore the inside of the heel out (like I do on every item of footwear that I've owned) but stuck a piece of leather in there and they're good as new.

I wear them almost every day on the street and the soles have hardly worn down in 4 years. Generous sizing, broad fitting and cheaper too.

Cheers, Michael.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I've had my redbacks for about 4 months now. They have stretched a fair bit and are a bit sloppy now. So maybe get them a bit tight to start with. Like wearing old slippers. No sign of wear and they are very comfy for walking on hard surfaces. Fast boots for walking in, the shape of the sole lends itself well to walking quickly and gives good cushioning.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
As this thread has come back to life, I hadn't realised I started it in 2009, I can now add that I have worn the pair I bought in 2009 almost every day since, not heavily abused but still used for walking on rough ground as well as footpaths, and they still look as if they have years of life left in them.

Cheers,

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE