Camping Drinks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Well, thats news to me.
That thread was started in 2014, so its been longer than i thought since i had bovril cubes i guess. And now that ive got the notion for them, they're gone. :cussing:

I tried the jars of bovril some time ago, but it was a horrible sticky mess. Not the same at all. Need to try some of these other stock cubes.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
If I'm not to be sleeping in my warm, dry house, not far from my warm, dry bathroom, everything outdoors has to be a luxury.
Herbs, spices, foods, drinks, all of it. Alcohol causes vasodilation so I can expect to be unusually cold. I'll have to compensate with
hot foods!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Coffee. At occations with Vodka, but normally without.

DSC_0208_zpsjhdnac8z.jpg

Greger

Nice! Which brand coffee?

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
You'd think so eh?

French fella being a bit of a pillock outside a nightclub Toulouse. Wait for it, it's a good lesson in Lithium battery dangers, and very scary. And perhaps a bit of karma for the bloke. ;)

[video=youtube_share;6tJLhT3rGl0]https://youtu.be/6tJLhT3rGl0[/video]

Apologies for the thread jack. I'm liking your stove and battered kettle SGL70, well used. :)

Looks like he forgot to turn it off.. before putting in his pocket.

If you take care with them.. save to use 99% of the time. :)

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
@Janne: I go with most brands of coffee. I need to try Lämmelkaffe at some point, but the price of that is almost like Kopi Luwak....

@Rik_uk3: I totally agree :) (btw, did you see my PM)

Greger

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
And Growwers Cup,
the-coffeebrewer.jpg

like having a collapsible cafetiere.
reusable, even use it for loose leaf tea.
https://growerscup.coffee/
I tried these and while the coffee was quite nice, there wasn't much of it and it wasn't very strong. When it comes to coffee I'm very much a "more and stronger" person. So I just do cowboy coffee - no accessories, no fuss!

But if you like a small cup of low-to-medium strength coffee, these are very good.

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
@Janne: I go with most brands of coffee. I need to try Lämmelkaffe at some point, but the price of that is almost like Kopi Luwak....

Greger
I like Gevalia kok when outdoors. I like the way the grounds settle, and the way they chew nicely. Zoegas Mollbergs Blandning when in Scandinavia.
I tried Kopi Luwak a couple of times. Not impressed I have to say.

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
I love coffee so some great ideas so far. I definitely going to be trying Oxo/ Bovril again, man I used to love this as a kid.
Going on a short camp with a mate this weekend so Ill post up some field tests lol of what i can get my hands on.

Jack with Honey is great in coffee btw. Also, now and again Aldi sell a box called 'Tipples', its like a Baileys liqueur in little plastic pots (like you get in hotel rooms for milk). They make all the difference in coffee. You could always just decant a little of cheap Aldi Baileys I guess and take some with you also.

Last edited:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
the miso is the same price in asda and morrisons I love it and you get the sea weed at the bottom of your cup, I love oxo as it does not take much room and weighs nothing,once all I had for a hot drink was a sachet of lemsip that was grim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE