North Wood meet February 24~26 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Welcome to North Wood 2017 :)

Into another new year!
:)

Depending on weather, there may be a program of work to clear new pitches. As usual I aim to collect and process wood for the communal fire, any help will be most welcome.

It would be helpful if any TBC's could be firmed up nearer the time to assess a meets viability, thanks.

We will camp on the top, farm end pitch, parking will be again on CP2. However if ground conditions dictate, just offload at the entrance path to the woods ( see map link below ) and return vehicles to CP1 at the farm, I will update this nearer the time.

Collecting wind blown and dead standing is allowed this meet if you prefer to have your own small fire, live wood is to remain untouched.

Again I intend to temporarily up the pitch fee's from £5 per night to £6 for a maximum of two nights per meet
This is necessary to replace communal items and for the occasional hire of power tools such as a brush cutter to clear pitches etc. enabling more pitch choice

As before, early get in / extra days may be available if enough interest is shown :)

Everything you need to know about North Wood is here...

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Should be able to make this one work permitting.

Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines.
please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 24~26
2. TinkyPete TBC due to work.

Jan 16, 2016
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 24~26
3. Rumpole_Stiltskin 24~26 TBC (Work)

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 24~26
4. NLW 24-26

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts

1. woodspirits 24~26
4. NLW 24-26
5. Preper TBC

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's

1. woodspirits 24~26
4. NLW 24-26
5. Preper TBC
6. Caerleon 24-26 (leaving early 26th)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

1. woodspirits 24~26
4. NLW 24-26
5. Preper TBC
6. Caerleon 24-26 (leaving early 26th)
7. MartinK9 24-26

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Looking good for a winter meet. :)

I have had a project in mind for a while now, to construct a communal area in the middle pitch using 3 or 4 existing trees as uprights with cross beams to support a pitched roof. Any thoughts or help?

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Looking good for a winter meet. :)

I have had a project in mind for a while now, to construct a communal area in the middle pitch using 3 or 4 existing trees as uprights with cross beams to support a pitched roof. Any thoughts or help?

I'll help, hope to get there earlier this time :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
spent the day down NW just relaxing and enjoying the winter sun. in conversation with Robert the farmer, I asked if there was anything in particular he wanted doing in the wood. he said he would be most grateful if we could clear back the brambles that are threatening to engulf the wood end of the bridge over the moat, I'm sure we could handle that eh? :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
spent the day down NW just relaxing and enjoying the winter sun. in conversation with Robert the farmer, I asked if there was anything in particular he wanted doing in the wood. he said he would be most grateful if we could clear back the brambles that are threatening to engulf the wood end of the bridge over the moat, I'm sure we could handle that eh? :)

Sounds like a plan. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE