Hello from polish coast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lonewolf44

Jan 11, 2017
Poland
Hi everyone, Robert here, 20 y/o taxes student. I've stumbled upon the forum while doing research for my first kit and trip. Seems like a huge community of polite and experienced people. My whole idea of bushcraft is to go mainly solo, so the forum will be the main factor preventing me from silly mistakes :) Cheers

Lonewolf44

Jan 11, 2017
Poland
Welcome to the forum. Bushcraft is fun practiced on your own or in small groups. It's exactly what you want it to be.

Poland is a great place for bushcraft plenty of forest and wildlife to observe.

Indeed, We have some beautiful places to explore, nature did a good job here. Unfortunately our government didn't. Law in Poland is the worst You can imagine for bush crafting. 78% of forests belong to the state, and in those forests You can't legally do absolutely NOTHING. I don't even mean woodchopping or making a campfire - You can't even pick deadwood or mushrooms. Of course everyone does that and usually there is no other penalty then saying You to go away, but the law is harsh. Most of the forests don't have decent websites, You can't find maps, borders, telephone number to ask about camping, nothing. But with a bit of luck and respect to the nature We can do our thing I guess. We will see when spring arrives.

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
Hi,

Miło cię poznać! where abouts in Poland are you from? I'm visiting Złockie on the 18th staying with a friend. I heard that you have some pretty tight laws regarding camping, bushcraft etc.

Is it true that there is a 5000 zloty fine for having a fire in the forest?! I was also told that you can have fires by the rivers as its a different organisation that owns the land but if you can't even collect dead wood that nips that in the bud!

happy bushcrafting

Danny

Lonewolf44

Jan 11, 2017
Poland
Hi,

Miło cię poznać! where abouts in Poland are you from? I'm visiting Złockie on the 18th staying with a friend. I heard that you have some pretty tight laws regarding camping, bushcraft etc.

Is it true that there is a 5000 zloty fine for having a fire in the forest?! I was also told that you can have fires by the rivers as its a different organisation that owns the land but if you can't even collect dead wood that nips that in the bud!

happy bushcrafting

Danny

Im from 3city. Never beed in Złockie area, but its in Beskidy so You will have great time. Thats the most wild and charming area in Poland, best of the best for bush crafting in my humble opinion.
As I said before - Yes, in the state's forest You can't even pick deadwood legally. There was a huge case few years ago - some 90 y/o lady living off the land alone got fined few thousand zloties cause she was gathering firewood to survive the winter. However, those situations are extreme. 90% of the time people do bush crafting and light campfires without any problems. If You know where to go, You will rarely meet government officials. Plus if You are nice, respectful to nature, don't litter and stuff its usually just a chat or maybe they will ask You to change the camping place. But If you encounter some idiot, You might get fined for, i don't know, picking berries or sharpening a stick. Im not afraid to camp or light fire anywhere really apart of national parks, but I would probably be a bit scared to chop some fresh wood for making a shelter.
The whole harsh law thing isn't that much about causing real problems. Its that government and park rangers should be my friends, not my enemies. When Im out on a hike i'd prefer to cover my traces because I respect nature, not because I don't want the ranger to hunt me down.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Hello!
Welcome here!
It's all about skills and good basic gear adjusted to local circumstances :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE