Sigg Bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ive re found mine and am using it again.

Two questions;

why is the thread on the inside?

How do you remove decals while not damaging the anodised finish?

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Ive re found mine and am using it again.

Two questions;

why is the thread on the inside?
The stopper incorporates a pouring hole so you only have to undo the lid a few turns and pour. It wouldn't work with an external thread.

How do you remove decals while not damaging the anodised finish?
The coating on both my siggs looks more like a lacquer than anodizing. In the case of the patterned one it looks screen printed then lacquered over the top, rather than a decal.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Water and fuel bottles benefit from an internal thread for the simple reason the diameter is less so it's stronger, and the thread is better protected from damage. From an engineering point of view it makes sense, and as mentioned, it's an insert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigg

Some of the Sigg fuel bottles, and some various internally threaded vac flasks, have a pouring spout. Basically, all metal bottles and flasks I have are internally threaded. Keeps a seal well in metal I suppose?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Water and fuel bottles benefit from an internal thread for the simple reason the diameter is less so it's stronger, and the thread is better protected from damage. From an engineering point of view it makes sense, and as mentioned, it's an insert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigg

Some of the Sigg fuel bottles, and some various internally threaded vac flasks, have a pouring spout. Basically, all metal bottles and flasks I have are internally threaded. Keeps a seal well in metal I suppose?

You have an internal trhead in some things due to strength, ie you can crush thin metal but you cant stretch it, probably with thin aluminium like asigg if you put the brass on theoutside you would have to add alot more brass to make the neck strong and durable, thus alot more weight. And bulk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE