What did Bushcraft Santa bring you? (A very bushcraft Christmas thread)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forest_girl

Forager
Nov 29, 2016
Edinburgh
whats' the weight on the bearded axe? Looks interesting

About 450g, almost half my current forest axe!

Did anyone else take a minute to wonder what an 'antler' powerbank was?

Yes! I was imagining a modern power bank set in some kind of bushcrafty antler case... If anyone wants to make one I think it would look good!

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Ray Mears new book and a Possum & merino hat.
03b2434a45424a6f3163fcc9077ad3f3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loving the soft & snug look of the hat and would put one on my 2017 list if I thought the temperature will ever get low enough again down South to warrant one.

K

shindig

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2013
Scotland
Loving the soft & snug look of the hat and would put one on my 2017 list if I thought the temperature will ever get low enough again down South to warrant one.

K

Too warm to tryout today. We had 14 degrees ! Plenty of time between now and July to try it out up here in North Aberdeenshire though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
A 5.11 shirt (very unexpected) and a Black Diamond Power light. Happy Christmas and hope everyone gets out and about to give any new gear/toys a test!!

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Bushcraft Santa (swambo) was very good to me this year!

made by the fine folks on round here, I received a lovely squirrel cooker made by whittler kev, 2 blocks of pine tar soap from stupidly simple, And a "cam-Dogs" twodogs bush shirt in Norwegian cam.

In addition to all of this was given good selection of stuff from Brisa, with some simple pen and folder kits, and a blade or 2, and some Boker damascus off cuts from heinnie, along with 3 cheap Pakistani steel blades to make up as beater knives.

also got some wooden arrows, and some new flies, mono filement and floating line.

and the peice dU resistance! for 50c in a charity store a little trumpet style horn made from cowhorn. I haven't decided yet whether to keep it as is or turn it into a drinking vessel or a container of some sort.

And the little fella (8 months, so again, mommy) gave me a pure lambs wool jumper. (tescos finest!)

So safe to say that i was spoiled by bushcraft santa this year!

atb
Ste

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I got socks, underkecks and a lovely stanley Thermos, had a bew from it last night watching the fireworks.

Really need to burn off Christmas & new year dinner now. Gyms going to be mobbed with "Resolutioners"

Tonyuk

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Pretty good haul this year including. Some Ramsbury Vodka, from Wiltshire (very nice) A BCB Dragon Fuel cooker. US Army Wool Jeep Cap. Injinni merino toe socks, A promise of a Crua Hybrid Tent/Hammock/Mattress thing (will be interested to see how that works out) and the piece de resistance The Official 2017 Vladimir Putin Calender

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE