Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
A lot of the Saami girls are darker haired so something for everyone.

I'm taking my own beauty with me so more for the rest of you.
Ahhh thanks Wayland. Your a gent...😆😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
That will do for a back up I'll call the campsite when I get home, what's your plans Greger, still hope you'll make it, any ideas where and when you can meet us and how long for ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

At present, I have planned to see you in all Jokkmokk. A trip to Stora Sjofallet is a bit tricky to pull off as things are (still hopeful, though)

Greger

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a few metres of outdoor xmas lights, leds, which dont heat up, to drape around the ridgepole inside the tent, 3 aa batteries with an on/off switch.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Do ya wanna build a snowman, sorry couldn't resist :) just been watching frozen with one of the granddaughters :D

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

15267601_1547041588658500_5200764815035385094_n.jpg

These are what I want to build.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yep, been keeping an eye on the weather and it's getting better, depending on your outlook, as you say :) could be a few sub zero crew badges earned ???

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Its an eye opener, of how dangerous it can be, when you look at the wind chill factor charts. For example, -29˚C with a windspeed of 16 miles per hour, is the equivalent of -43˚C on exposed skin.
Minus 34 is actually Minus 58!

im gonna have a thermometer stuck to the tree right outside the tent, and Im bringing an anemometer to measure windspeed and temperature.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Its an eye opener, of how dangerous it can be, when you look at the wind chill factor charts. For example, -29˚C with a windspeed of 16 miles per hour, is the equivalent of -43˚C on exposed skin.

Yep, it's going to be cold and feel colder, are you taking a face mask, I was looking at them but not sure I'll need one with having the head overs, balaclavas and scarf ? What do you think ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I think it depends how cold it gets. Ive got a talus cold avenger face mask, as used by ranulph fiennes and his team in antarctica. Then again I have holes in my lungs and tumours, a serious lung disease. So people think Im bonkers going anyway, but the doctors say do what you can while you can....I personally would not go without having air ambulance insurance.

I read that in the early trapping/gold rush days of the Yukon, when a freezing fog descended on valleys, peoples mouths, lungs would freeze killing them. They called it the white death.

If it gets that serious anyway, you go to a warm tent. We all react differently to the cold.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE