The Returning of the Sun.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The pessimists here refer to Dec 21 as the First Day of winter.
We've just climbed out of 2 weeks of -25C and colder.
Thefore, the solstice is what it is as far as I'm concerned.

Tomorrow, I'll crank the sound and watch Wayland's presentation again.
Have a slurp with supper and declare it the first day of, albeit snowy, spring.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Gary/ Wayland,
you as always have gone past the point where great ends and fantastic begins. Practice will get you so far and no further, you however have that certain something which makes your photo's something else. I know that even with a couple of lifetimes of practice I wouldn't get close to you, thank you for allowing us mere mortals to see these beautiful things you produce.
Colin

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Gary/ Wayland,
you as always have gone past the point where great ends and fantastic begins. Practice will get you so far and no further, you however have that certain something which makes your photo's something else. I know that even with a couple of lifetimes of practice I wouldn't get close to you, thank you for allowing us mere mortals to see these beautiful things you produce.
Colin

Very kind of you to say but I subscribe to the old quote, " The harder I practice, the luckier I get." I believe my success is more down to practice and hard work than any latent "natural" talent. If there is any latent reason for my success in photography I could only put it down to a deficiency in my visual imagination ( recently labelled "Aphantasia") which means I tend to see what is there, rather than what I think is there.

What a great Yule gift a book of Gary's photos would make!

A few people have made similar suggestions but I am not sure I have enough good material for it yet. One day perhaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE