Don't Be Bob

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Ouch! Heal well Mick. Look on the bright side, if it had hit the floor like that instead of you it may have damaged the edge. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Cheers GB. Its a testament to ceramic knives though it stuck in no bother! Good job it hit me not the floor, not for the edge just if I had cracked a tile Steph would have done more than the knife!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
You all come to visit me at 53N, I can over-ride your door locks and you can't get "stupid" to see the bear.
I have had to do that. Tourists have no concept of the sprinting speed of a bear (35mph, tops).
Bicycle? Olympic champions don't stand a chance. The swat is a handful of claws, bigger than most dinner plates.

Look. To answer the basic question, YES. Tourists are that stupid. That stupid, ALL the time.
Walt Disney perpetrated the hoax that all wildlife is friendly.
Come on over. I want you to walk out into the pasture and kiss a bull bison.
I promise to send flowers to the funeral home of your choice.

I take my tourist visitors "game-spotting" all the time. Most days, we do OK, there's lots to see.
I never exit my vehicle without the Benelli Nova 3.5" (plug out) and a full load of SSG.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
In Alaska we used to say that tourists who went hiking in the Chugach should wear little bells and stamped dog tags round their necks. It doesn't scare away a bear it just makes the poop easier to identify. Also how can you tell tourists in Alaska? They would be the people in shorts, ball cap and white trainers posing for a photo with the cute Moose calf unaware that mummy Moose is bearing down on them like a freight train downhill with no brakes. Every year there would be warnings issued by fins 'n' fur about approaching a baby Moose yet every year some twit got stomped.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bears here are so habituated to the smell of Bear Spray (Capsacain) that it means 2 things: people and food. Soft on the outside and crunchy in the middle. Gunshots mean gut piles.
Winter is tuning up, the bears will go down in maybe 6 weeks. Fresh snow up top all around me yesterday AM.
Frost on all the rooftops this AM. In the city, ALL apple trees MUST be picked off.

Heavy wet snow HWY 16 going E into Jasper National Park and going south on the Parkway to the Columbia Icefields.
No longer legal to drive HWY16 in the winter without designated snow/ice tires.
No longer legal to have snow/ice tires on just the pair of driving wheels.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I'm in Quebec at the moment and a week tomorrow will be heading over to Ontario for a week in the Bears back yard.

Saw this. I title it "premature joy"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440330061.023040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Funny how I've been on here taking the micky out of people hurting themselves being stupid. Well tonight chaps chopping potatos I managed to drop a knife point first and it's bit me! On the shin of all places.
The reason I keep sutures and closure strips in the house, my missus is still a dab hand and wanted the practice.

As bcuk members have the pics or it didn't happen rule. Here we go
3ab9f6e5dcc1c836fd8838d6eb44c93d.jpg

65b6f0dad65861da3e6b95cde7bd858a.jpg

I'd give her a 9/10 on those

It does come in handy to have someone in the house who is medically trained considering our hobby involves sharp pointy things or things that will burn given the chance. Debbi, my wife, is a retired EMT-A and gets to keep her skills up thanks to my stupidity at times.

I'll concur with your 9/10 assessment she did a good job there.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE