Problems when using the Tentipi tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello from Russia. I apologize for the English. I hope it will be clear.:)
I read a lot of reviews on the tent Tentipi. I would like to stay at the tent problems.
I bought Zircon 5. It was a mistake. . Places it is enough for two people to be comfortable. If more items are in the street. Especially well if you want to install a stove or open fire. transfer it extremely inconvenient because the packaging bag will not fit. Apparently the manufacturer considers that the tent is more convenient to carry in the hand is behind his back. alluminum pegs hold frankly bad. It is easy to bend. I replaced them with more long steel.
When installing tents need to be attentive to the place. It should be fairly smooth. Due to the large diameter in the woods to find a place takes a lot of time. Under adverse conditions, such as heavy rain. Installation tents little attractive. Especially if you are in the forest. In my opinion this tent for camping more. In complex campaigns it is inconvenient.
the floor of the tent is not worth the money. Water, dirt and insects will have you inside the tent. Buy the inner tent is considered unnecessary. Expensive. It takes a lot of space. Simply buy another tent.
The floor is made of a material that burns easily from any sparks from the fire or stove. This is a huge minus. Installation in the floor guide says that should unzip and floor easily located around a central pole. The comfort of the floor, this possibility does not exist. COMFORT in the model, this option is not available. The manufacturer of this nowhere says. It is necessary to raise the central pole to correctly set the field in the tent. This is extremely convenient. The fabric of the tent excellent. but actually BE PREPARED once a year and can and often treating her impregnation. Otherwise, it will leak. I have half a year later the water began to seep in through the seams of the tent fixtures. My wife and child were in shock. Waking up surrounded by puddles.
Slings opening vent valve rather quickly stretch. And start to work badly. They should be periodically tightened. Otherwise, the valve will not close.
This tent has its advantages. But given its price I would like to talk about problems. In my opinion it is more likely for the barbeque at home or on prepared sites than these extreme journeys. And the price does not match the functionality.
All successful campaigns.;)
[video=youtube;LL-JLmI4mIo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-JLmI4mIo[/video]
orpuMNtxT

QxXuywJcC

JWgRMfVEZ

JGZgfBKuv

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I had a Varrie 9 CP some years ago. It did not leak but was so big that drying it was a problem.

I imagine they are designed more for open spaces where the shape will help it survive winds better than a tent would need in woodland.

I personally felt it was too cramped given its massive footprint and have moved to tents with more vertical side walls.

The sleeping numbers of the tent is just how Many people could sleep inside, not how many would be comfortable. I wouldn't have more than 4 people camping in the Varrie 9.

It's sad that you don't like it. The good news is that they hold their value well so selling it should be easy.

My next big tent is going to be a Campmor Safari Dome 3m x 3m.

Last edited:
You do not quite understand me correctly. I outlined the possible difficulties in use. Since I've encountered. In general, I like a tent. I regret not having taken 9sp. It proved to be excellent in terms of polar circle. Also my friend was happy with her using her journeys to Altay Mountains. There are some problems, but they can be solved.I especially liked the possibility of breeding a fire. In this I have achieved success.
Currently I am going to conduct tests in winter conditions. Using a camp stove. But I'm going to use russian stove. In my opinion it is more thought-out and convenient.Unlike the Swedish stove. unfortunately I do not know how to place a photo here not mean references. And so I could share their experiences.

scottishpinz

Dec 30, 2010
Scotland
I think Tentipi are well made and fit for purpose. They are VERY expensive but then so are many Scandinavian products.

I was glad to be able to view the tents before deciding to purchase. I went for Onyx 7 CP for use by two people with stove inside. It will take 4 at a pinch around the stove and without I'm sure 7 would fit easily.

I have modified the tent with extra peg points like the more expensive models have. I wouldn't use an open fire inside but that is personal choice. The original pegs are good on grass / soft ground but I have some heavy duty ones that can be hammered in for hard ground. There is never one peg that suits all ground conditions. Not had any leakage problems but I imagine when saturated condensation may start to build up in some conditions. Not really a fault of the fabric and yes they do advise it is reproofed over time.

As far as pitch space required that is the trade off for stability and interior space. Factors like that are why so many of us end up with several tents as each fits a particular requirement. The Tentipi is definitely not a back packing tent for two people!

8370360996_522de80a21_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not saying they are bad. Simply, there are some problems)).
By the way, I also replaced the pegs and now the problems with the installation of the tents there.
On the sand is also installed. They took a short video.
But an open fire in the tent very good. Truth requires some experience.
[video=youtube;7FgB66eGoBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgB66eGoBo[/video]

Last edited:
Thank you. Currently purchased Burning stove for winter conditions.
In the near future going to test in conditions of frost))
There are a few photos from my friend. Viewed opportunity to apply in Tentipi.It turned out very well. Features include:
Weight stove - 6.7 kilograms (standard)
Weight stove with steam generator - 7.5 kilogram (steam optional)
Dimensions - cylindrical heater 280 mm diameter and 350 mm long cylinder.
The height of the ash pan bottom to the top of the chimney of 350 mm punch.
Material stainless steel grade AISI 430, thickness 0.5 to 0.8 mm.
https://yadi.sk/d/pHKWTWzxwCzhE/IMG_2377.JPG
https://yadi.sk/d/pHKWTWzxwCzhE/IMG_2386.JPG
https://yadi.sk/d/pHKWTWzxwCzhE/IMG_2381.JPG
https://yadi.sk/d/pHKWTWzxwCzhE/IMG_2398.JPG
Most liked the ability to connect to a gas or diesel furnace module. That allows you to use alternative sources for heating.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Thanks Sergey for your posts and pictures! :)

I understood everything you wrote, so your English is very good!
Very nice posts.

The answer came from the manufacturer regarding the installation of the floor. Quote reply:
"Thank you for your mail! I know, it can be really difficult to do this. The right way anyway, is like you say, to place the floor with the center part opened up, and try to lay it close to the central pole, then lift the central pole over the edge of the floor (tucked up like a small ridge). But the key is, not to put so much tension on the straps around the tipi, or just before placing the floor, go round the tent and let some tension go on the straps, if it´s not very windy weather the tipi will stand ok even though there is very little tension on the straps. Then it is much easier to lift the central pole over the “ridge” of tucked together floor.
It is common procedure to keep the floor mounted, leave it as it is when packing down the tent, and then it is mounted together with the tipi the next time, already in place. But on the other hand, some people dislike this solution because they think it´s more difficult with all canvas and material at the same time.
I see your point about the manual, it doesn’t sound quite right. I will make a note about that, I will soon start working with the manuals here at Tentipi, and I will make sure to remember your mail then.
I hope it will work better for you next time, let go of much of the tension on the straps all around the tipi and it is so much easier to lift the central pole over the floor".

ps/In my opinion the floor, the weakest link in this tent.
Especially if a fire or stove installed. The main problem in this case is that the floor is made of a material easy to burn. Any spark, and a hole is formed in the floor. I do not know why the manufacturer chose this floor material. In addition, it is quite thin. It's easy to break.since the central zipper is not completely open. This significantly limits the ability to install a fire. In my tent accurately.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE