North Wood December 09~11 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Hi Steve,
Is it ok for me to tag along but have to vacate mid Saturday afternoon if possible as I HAVE TO attend a christmas bash on Saturday evening.

Cheers,
Rob

Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 09~11
2. Rumpole_Stiltskin 09-11 TBC-work
3. Hubs 09-11
4. Preper (Sat Only)
5. Dewi 08-11 TBC
6. MartinK9 9-11
7. Caerleon

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 09~11
3. Hubs 09-11
4. Preper (Sat Only)
5. Dewi 09-11
6. MartinK9 9-11
7. Caerleon

Managed to get ahead with my orders, so definitely be able to attend. Apologies for getting the date wrong on the first time round.

Steve, am I okay to test my new stove onsite? I can bring along a bag or two of logs, so I won't be taking from the woods.

Also, would you like me to bring my parachute for the group area... the one we tested last year?

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi Dewi thought you were being a bit brave! :) test away mate and no need to bring wood, there's plenty to be had here. as for the chute, thats ok we have one there already ta. :)

I just hope everyone turns up, now would be a good time to confirm to see if this meet is viable? I'm assuming the lack of interest in a group meal means just bring your own gear.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Cheers Steve - personally I would like to participate in a group meal activity - any suggestion in what to take along? I'm more than happy to be the group goffer to tesco's etc
ATB,
Rob

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
hi Dewi thought you were being a bit brave! :) test away mate and no need to bring wood, there's plenty to be had here. as for the chute, thats ok we have one there already ta. :)

I just hope everyone turns up, now would be a good time to confirm to see if this meet is viable? I'm assuming the lack of interest in a group meal means just bring your own gear.

More than happy to bridge the gap for anyone's absence so the meet can happen. Let me know what is needed and I'll contribute accordingly.

I personally would love a group meal. Perhaps all who attend could bring a contribution to said meal, and we can enjoy a meal from said contributions. I can buy a joint of meat if that helps?

Edit: I don't yet have a pot big enough for a group meal, but if needed Military Mart is half an hour away... I can buy a big pot if needed. It'll come in useful more than once I'm sure.

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

1. woodspirits 09~11
3. Hubs 09-11
4. Preper (Sat Only)
5. Dewi 09-11
6. MartinK9 9-11
7. Caerleon
8. Karl82 09-11

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
Count Me in Please - though I know nothing about Bushcraft :)

If there is a group meal I would like to be included and will be happy to bring something along - just let me know what?

1. woodspirits 09~11
3. Hubs 09-11
4. Preper (Sat Only)
5. Dewi 09-11
6. MartinK9 9-11
7. Caerleon
8. Karl82 09-11
9. pieinthesky 09 - 11

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
happy to say things have picked up a little so the meet will go ahead as planned regardless of any drop offs.

communal meal, seems to still be a bit of interest, anyone want to organise this? supply a dutch? only a few days left fella's :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Well you know me, I always bring meat and two veg for each night I stay... no bother to extend the amounts and bring a decent chunk of meat and some extra veg. Anything that doesn't get eaten, I'll eat when I get home anyway :D

I'll have a ride over to MM and see what they have Dutch oven wise... they had some pretty large pots last time I was over there, so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I can bring bread as well... I like a bit of bread with a stew :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Well you know me, I always bring meat and two veg for each night I stay... no bother to extend the amounts and bring a decent chunk of meat and some extra veg. Anything that doesn't get eaten, I'll eat when I get home anyway :D

I'll have a ride over to MM and see what they have Dutch oven wise... they had some pretty large pots last time I was over there, so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I can bring bread as well... I like a bit of bread with a stew :)

thanks for taking on the cook mate :)

anyone interested in sharing in this either partaking or bringing ingredients or even loaning a dutch oven, make yourself known to Dewi please.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
No worries :D Looking forward to it.

So preferences? Bird, pig or cow? Or lamb? What do people prefer for their pre-Christmas dinner?

Not entirely sure how to make a proper roast dinner on a camp fire... but I do have a good line in Polish gravies that are rather good... and I can make a mean stew :D

Anyone want to volunteer some mince pies, figgy pudding or maybe a nice Yule log?

I'll make sure we have a good main meal. I'm not greatest cook, but Sunday Roast (essentially a Christmas dinner) I can do.... just need to adapt to an open fire. Raise your hand if you don't like sprouts?!?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Many thanks Dewi for taking this on.

I'll have to decline and stick to my regime ATM . :(

This is the second Xmas meal in the woods I've had to bow out of.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Dewi - I've got a dutch oven mate but its fairly small, nevertheless I'll bring it along. Stick my name down for bringing the deserts mince pies etc ;-)
Cheers
Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE